pI just love being pregnant for so many reasons, one of them is being able to meet people I would have never met before. Take this experience for example...
The other day, Connel and I were at Costco. I was minding my own business looking through the children's books when all of the sudden someone grabbed me by the shoulder and whirled me around to face them. I was sure it was going to be someone I knew (because who else would do something like that?). But, was surprised to find, well, someone I didn't know...practically squealing in my face, "oh MY GOSH! When are you DUE?" Obviously taken by surprise, and with a dumb look on my face I'm sure, I replied, "Um, 8 weeks?" "Oh, you are going to be sooo happy! Well anyways, these are my children..." and she continued to name off the 4 or 5 children who were standing near her. Then she asked me all sorts of questions about what I was planning on doing as far as the hospital I was delivering at and if I was going to breastfeed, etc. Then gave me advice on all the questions that she had asked me. At this point I was hoping Connel would come and save me, but as I scanned the warehouse, he was nowhere to be seen. So, because the conversation was not coming to an end, and I was curious because, well, she looked like she was about as far along as I was, so I asked her, when she was due, just to be nice... Ya... I know...I regretted it from the moment the words spewed from my mouth. "Oh, this is just leftovers from 7 children!" she kindly said. I was mortified, so then it was just silence and so I had to try and change the conversation and it was just so embarrassing! I have always dreaded that question when I wasn't pregnant and here I was asking her! I felt like Brain Regan... "I think the rule is, don't guess at that ever, ever, ever, ever, ever...." So anyway, I guess at that point she decided it was time to end of the conversation and she told me "Well, when the day comes, just remember, YOU CAN DO IT, it is such a natural process, your body knows JUST what to do...don't give up!"
Advice from strangers. Gotta love it. :)
Anyway, I was glad that she was so jubilant about being a Mother that she introduced me to all of her children and encouraged me despite my awful judgement of her being pregnant, and for giving Connel a good laugh after I finally found him and he later told me, that when he heard the lady start talking to me, he got out of there as soon as he could! What a guy! :P
Here I am at 32 weeks...
I am 33 weeks tomorrow, which means I have apprx. 5-7 weeks until we finally get to hold this little girl! Gah! It's coming so fast!

5 comments:
Wow, hooray for strangers! At least she wasn't horrible or anything... when Jeremy's mom was about 8 months pregnant with him, a lady in a grocery store glared at her and asked her how she could bring a child into this horrible world.
You look adorable! Can't wait to meet your beautiful little girl :)
Oh, and that clip was too funny.
You're just so cute! I'm excited to start getting a tummy so I actually look pregnant and not like I'm just gaining weight ha ha. That story made me laugh! Oh my gosh, I love it. That clip was funny too.
so cute! wow, she'll be here before you know it! We find out what we're having Oct. 23rd!!!! I can't wait!!! good luck with the rest of the fews weeks you have left!
Thanks for the laugh!!! ;) Isn't being pregnant an interesting experience when you add strangers and acquaintenances into it... people kept thinking I was having twins with both of my pregnancies... Too funny! Good luck with the next few weeks!!! :)
Post a Comment