Monday, September 21, 2009

four-D.

Wow! I cannot believe the amount of comments on the bassinet post! Thank your for all your help and advice and offers. I feel like I have the best friends and blog readers! I think I'll ask your opinion more often... :) I'll let you know what we end up doing.

On the 16th we went to the doctor and they did another ultrasound. Lucky us, we got some more pictures of our beautiful little baby! Oh and no worries, she is still a girl!

Here she is...so photogenic.

Making a kissy face.

Her hand up by her face..so cute!


I never would have thought, but Connel likes the "old-fashioned" black and white ones best. (He took one of the pictures and put it in his binder so he can look at it at work! Awww!) Here is her profile...


and here is her foot!
here are a couple cute things she did while we were doing the ultrasound. She kept putting her hand up by her face, then she tried to put her fingers in her mouth and suck on them. Later on she was drinking the amniotic fluid and making the kissy face that you see. Right now she is head down and her bum is right below my right ribcage, then her feet extend to the left. Hopefully, she'll stay head down! As of Sept 16th she is apprx. 2 lbs 6 oz. Which is in the 25th percentile---that means as big as or bigger than 25% of her "peers" at that gestational age in the womb. Tiny thing!

Oh and by the way, they have changed my due date to December 9th. That coincides with the first ultrasound, which is supposed to be the most accurate. And since the 18 week ultrasound was dated at the 7th and this most recent at the 10th of December...we might be closer to Christmas than we thought!

Early, late, on time, whatever the case, we are super excited! We booked our Childbirth and Breastfeeding classes in the month of October, we also get a free tour of the Birthing Center there as part of the class. I am glad to take these classes as we have NO IDEA what to expect...well, except for a baby!

Okay, and because it was super fun to have my inbox overflowing with comments...
How 'bout a little more fun...
Did your babies come early, late, on time?
and

What is your guess for my delivery date?

(if your guess ends up being right, I will send you a small prize...
I don't know what yet, as the prize thing just popped into my mind, but I'll try not to dissapoint)

17 comments:

Ashley said...

So cute! I think she looks like you, especially the picture of the kissy face! I predict she will be here on the 10th of December...

Hallie came three days early-thank heavens!

Kate Call said...

oh laura... those 4d pics of your little girl are just AMAZING!! you can totally see her features.. unreal. so exciting for you guys.. and you're getting super close to getting that sweetheart here! too fun

Chelsi said...

So fun to see pics! I'm so happy for you guys. I don't have much advice about the bassinet. We just made ours... you can check it out on my blog. We really wanted something that would store easy and most of them don't break down very small. I was late with my first and only have a couple more weeks to go with this one so we will see. The Dr said you usually follow your own pattern so I'm expecting to be late again. I'll guess December 3rd... Good luck!

Brianna Tuckett said...

I LOVE the 4D pics!! Isn't it AMAZING what technology can do nowadays?! I perdict that she will arrive on December 10th :) Hope I'm right ;)

Ashley said...

I'm no expert at predictions! Believe me... The only way I get it right is to schedule it, aka, Colette on Richard's birthday! Perfect planning, right? So, I guess that it will be December 3rd. Just shooting from the hip you know.

Of course you have a huge club of blog fans... you are the cutest ever! We can't get enough of you! (and the baby.) haha. love you guys!
richard and ashley (and the babes)

Shalona said...

As far as timing; Kayson was born on his due date, Austin was 5 weeks early, and Gavin was 9 days early. Hope you continue to feel great.

I guess December 2, so she can share Kayson's birthday.

Kimi said...

She is so darling! And what a cute little personality already :)

As for us, Brinkley was 4 days early (thank goodness), and Caelen was 2 days late, so... I'm going to say that you'll have your little girl................................. right on time :) (For no particular reason.)

Taunya Spaulding said...

those 4-D pictures are so weird! Not that your baby looks weird-it's just amazing what technology has come up with! I'm with connel though...i like the black and white ones!!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

James was due December 12 and he was born on November 30; thankfully because I was dying in the last month.
I think your baby will be born on December 8 at mmmm.... 10:21am; just in case other people guess my date too. =D

I love the 4D; I was glad I got those too. She looks so adorable already!

The Kesler Family said...

I love the 4-D ultrasound. Aren't they so cool? I wish I could have another one, but I know that won't be happening.

Bri was 2 days late, so I'm expecting (if the OB doesn't induce me) to go late again, but I'd really like to go 2 weeks early this time.

I'm going to guess your going to have her on the 1st. Not too early, but not too close to Christmas either (yeah...I have bad timing which is why I hope I go 2 weeks early!)

Heidi said...

I love those 4-d pictures!! She is soo cute!! And it doesn't surprise me that she is a tiny thing, you are too. That is so sweet that Connel takes her picture with him to work!!

Ok, so, Luke was 5 days late, and Shelby was 9 days late!!Thanks again for letting me hang out at your house while I was in labor and waiting to go to the hospital so I could be closer to the hospital. You guys are the best.

I think that you will have your baby on December 6th. It would be cool if you had her on Christmas, but it would be miserable to go that late!

Amy said...

Very cute pictures! She is just beautiful!

Well my girls were 3 weeks early...I was 36 weeks 6 days so they are premature by one day.

my guess is December 2nd! not sure why but thats my guess!

ps. if you ever have any questions I am a brestfeeding peer counselor. I'm here if you need me! :)

The Beck Bunch said...

That's cool that you will finally be taking your class!! I'm excited for you for that (if you understood any of that).

My guess will be Dec 2 (in the early morning), that's my parents anniversary, so it has to be a good day!

I love the pictures of your baby, mine you couldn't see very well because she was resting on my placenta and that is getting in the way of her face. Oh well, your little one is adorable!!

Tanya said...

Judging by the kissy face in the picture she's gonna be just like her mommy!! and I think she is gonna have your eye's and nose!! she's cute already!!
My babies came early, Chloe came 10 days early and Brayden 1 week early. She sounds like she's hungry already so I'm gonna pick... December 3rd between 4-6am. I"m probably way off though.

Spencer and Mackenzie said...

Hey - what a fun blog!!

So I predict your due date, December 9 at 1:52pm. While we're on the guessing train, I guess she'll weigh in at 7lbs 11oz and be 20 inches.

Alli said...

Those pictures are amazing! I can't believe how much technology has advanced. That baby is going to be a cutie!

PS I'm predicting December 4th on the little one!

Amber said...

Wow! Those pictures are so neat! I've never done that with either of my boys or this one. My first Andrew, came 9 days early but Nic my second came 4 days late! So I have no idea what to think on this one :) But I will guess for you, December 1st?! Good luck with everything! It's getting so close! I'm so excited for you and I think by seeing the 4D pics that she is going to look a lot like you. And she'll be super cute!