...you have answered in very bad grammar "I'm doin' good. How'r you?" When someone asks you how you are doing. (Correct grammar would be. I'm very well, or I am well.)
...You come home and find your husband skinning the scalp of his elk rack in your kitchen sink, and don't you really think anything of it.
...Your husband has almost killed himself and/or others while dirt biking (more than once) and when Ohioans hear these near-death experiences, they are riveted, wonder what in the world would posses someone to do that?!? and when they ask you, "And you haven't banned your husband from this sport yet?" You tell them, "It has happened so often, I guess I'm just used to it."
...You stop in the middle of a one of the busiest streets in your town to help someone out of a snow drift and make your wife get out and flag traffic...(and she knows how!)
Those are just a few things that have happened that are making Connel and I start to realize what gosh darn hicks we must seem like to ya'll Ohioans.
Here are some other reasons that I found why you might be from Idaho...I thought these were pretty silly and decided to put them on here just for your entertainment...
| You Know You're From Idaho When... |
- The wind is faster than your truck. - In March, your vehicle is 43% mud. (Now that's what I'm talkin about! :) - You leave your keys in the car and the next morning it's still there. - You installed your new computer using a Leatherman tool.(Connel, actually installing anything he will use it...haha!) - You hear the words "stream" or "brook" pronounced "crick." - The elevation exceeds the population. - You can see the stars at night. - People drive 200 miles to shop in a real mall. (Oh the Utah Trips!) - You slept through the night unawakened by a siren. (Not that Ohio is that scary, but when you live in the vicinity of the Firehouse, the Hospital and the Police Station....) - A rodeo is more popular than a rock concert. - You can fish, golf, and go skiing all in the same day if you try hard enough. - Yellow light means "follow the car in front of you no matter what." - Democrats are like salmon, they are on the endangered species list. - You wave to someone on the freeway because you recognize the truck. -“Vacation” means going east or west on I-84 for the weekend.
-You know several people who have hit a deer more than once. -You can drive 65mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching. -You see people wearing camouflage at social events (including weddings). (and restaurants ...Connel and Steve...) -You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them. -You design your kid’s Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit. -Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow. (I'm not even gonna start.) -Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a deer next to your blue spruce.
Although I post so much about my home state...Ohio is starting to grow on me, I can't wait for the green to start appearing and I know I will LOVE that! I just miss all the silly little things about Idaho that make it so unique! |
|
6 comments:
I hate to brag but
1 - I say "I'm well, thank you,"
2 - Aaron has NEVER skinned anything in my sink and for that I am eternally grateful.
3 - All our "almost killed himself" storied involve power tools, but I think Aaron WOULD like to add a few dirt bike stories.
4 - In New England we don't help other people out of snow drifts, thats what cell phones and AAA are for ;) (Okay, that is a lie - Once after a HUGE snow storm had all melted except one small pile near our driveway I got stuck in that one small pile and the neighbors came over and helped me out...it was nice of them, and embarrassing for me).
I wonder if at this point Idaho would even take me back...?
Idaho pretty much takes anyone! LOL! :)
I just had to laugh at all those, some are so true, especially the "near death experience" Vince will come home from "wheelin'" and say I or someone just about died..." But ya gotta love Idaho!
I love it!!! Oh how I miss Idaho too! Maybe someday we'll all be back there....
I miss our Utah shopping trips too! And I miss those nights when you and I would spend hours getting gussied up for our boys, get to the restaurant and here they come covered in blood, mud, and who knows what. Those were the good ol' days...I still enjoy the embarrassment of a muddy camo hubby at restaurants. Some things never change I guess! And I'll never forget our night in the ER with Connel holding Steve's hand (arm) for hours. That's brotherly love!
I laughed so hard! It is all so true! You guys just need to moe back where you belong here with all the rest of us hicks! Way to funny laura!
Post a Comment