Wednesday, April 30, 2008

waterfalls and covered bridges.

Last Weekend we were able to go to a place nearby called Olmsted Falls. It was a beautiful afternoon and evening and we wanted to soak it in!


The falls were really beautiful and there were a lot of people fishing and out for a stroll.

We ventured down closer to the water and were able to go out on a rock that stretched out into the river between the two falls. As I took pictures, I was not paying attention to my footing and I slipped...if not for Connel catching me just in time, I would have gone right in! Luckily, I escaped with just a bruised knee, stained pants and damaged pride.


We continued on to the covered bridge (which I was waaay excited about). I love covered bridges and someday while we are here we are going to go on a "Covered Bridges Tour" of Ohio, well, at least to the ones that are close by. Ohio boasts as the state with the most covered bridges. Way cool.



We also visited the Grand Pacific Junction nearby. It was fun just to goof around with my hubby. We took a few "Prison Break" re-enactment pictures for you. :)

Here I am running from the law.


...and here I am jumping aboard a moving train. :)








3 comments:

Sweet Em said...

Laura - you are such a dork - love, your sister! ;)

Tanya said...

How Fun!!! I wish we were able to do fun stuff like that while living out of the burg, some cities are so pretty!!!

Leshy said...

we will have to make that tour or whatnot when i'm there good idea ay