Sunday, January 20, 2008

update on our life.


This is a picture of Cleveland, taken from the freeway in a moving car on a gloomy winter day. Not the greatest view of the city, sorry, but it looks cool at night and with all the lights. Cleveland and the greater Cleveland area is really cool will lots of great people.

So since I have just realized that I have been keeping some of you in the dark about where we are and what we are doing here, i have decided to update you on my life in the past year or so. Sit down and get a bowl of popcorn.... Just kidding. I'll summarize... Connel and I graduated in December of '06 (he with a bachelor's in Buisness Management emphasis in Finance and Supply Chain Mngmt., Me with a bachelor's in Early Childhood Education and Special Education). The past year was actually pretty stressful for me, I worked as a Manager for a really large apartment complex at BYU-Idaho. Stressful not only because it was student housing, but also because there were so many changes ALWAYS happening. I am not one to not like change, I think that change is good, but when someone changes their mind ALL the time (I'm talking 2 or 3 times a day!!!!!) Then the job can get to be pretty stressful. Anyway, Connel worked for a construction company for the first part of the year and then for the rest of the year he did lots of odd jobs and projects while job searching all over. At first he looked in Idaho, but it seemed like any door that might be open just a smidge, would close in our face. We really wanted to stay in Idaho but still, we looked elsewhere and doors swung open, or at least one big one did and yeah!!! Connel recieved an interview in Texas. I started looking for cool and fun stuff to do in Houston online, so that I would have it all planned out just in case, well you know how good Connel is... they might want us right away!!! Needless to say that I was excited cuz I would be quitting my job!!! I think I went over how I could quit about 100 times over in my mind before I actually did it. Trust me , I liked specific parts of the job such as the people I worked with and (some) of the students. I really was not that excited about leaving the place, just the job. Eastern Idaho is an exceptionally great place to live, (do me a favor and take a look at the AWESOME sunsets and think of me if you are there.) A couple days after he came home from his interview, they called and offered Connel a job!!! Yeah!!!! Then... he told us that we would start out in Cleveland, Ohio...hmmm...what is in Ohio? Well, now that we are here I have discovered that there are alot of really cool things within a 45 minute(Kirtland) to a days (My sister!!!) drive. But, at the time I was kind of like...well, not that excited. I was excited for the new adventure with my hubby, but not to leave all my family!!! or my friends!!! So, I quit my job, we accepted the position and within a month we were in CLEVELAND, OHIO!!! We are here for training for another 6 months and then they will ship us off to another part of this great big wide country! So, stay tuned and you will get a play by play of "ThE AdVEnTuREs oF CoNnEL and LaURa PeTtERsOn!" Love you ALL!!!!

2 comments:

a farmer's wife and her real life said...

It's so good to see you guys are doing well! And I'm glad you guys have a blog. We do to...check us out when you have time! http://dannyandkarakesler.blogspot.com/ Loved your GPS story... Love you guys!

C.B. said...

I'm excited for your new adventure laura. Ps I like your header...Now i have two people who's header is like mine!