Thursday, January 17, 2008

new apartment.

Well, now that we have finally found an apartment and we are getting settled in I can do this blog thing. After our 24 hour airline experience, 4 days of searching for apartments, 2 days of moving in, and a weekend of finishing the third season of LOST. I am finally starting to feel at home. Now we have to finish watching the 6th season of 24 and I will be totally settled in! :) Actually I have decorated my 2 bathrooms and my kitchen and put everything away. I have 3 rooms to go. I am way excited because seeing as we are now close to a large body of water, I can now have an excuse for my seashell adorned bathroom! Idaho and beach do not go together very well.

I am trying to get some good pictures on our blog, but I am having trouble finding the cord that hooks from my computer to my camera. But, don't worry pictures are on the way. We are enjoying ourselves and Connel is liking his new job, he is a very busy person and normally cannot stop moving for a minute! He was even telling me as we drove to the video store tonight..."I have the urge to go for a run." Who has those kind of urges? :) Not me, I just responded, "I have an urge for a milkshake." Now that's a good urge.

I have a funny story that some of you might have heard. It seems like everytime I tell it to someone, I think it is funnier than they do, but oh well. We bought a GPS for while we were here, because we were afraid we were going to get lost in the big city. We used it and it worked well, we decided that we were doing pretty well at navigating around the city and surrounding areas and that traffic here was not as bad as we thought. On the second day we were here, GPS broke. It would not turn on. We had an apartment to look at so we got directions from our hotel to the apartment and then from the apartments to Circuit City. We made it to the apartment complex just fine with no wrong turns and then headed for the store... Funny how one wrong turn can get you lost for 2 hours! After we navigated ourselves out of the scary and ghetto part of town, We finally decided that we would stop and ask for directions. The people were very nice and gave us good directions (amazing that how well they knew the streets, I could never do that, there are too many!) Anyway, one of the people there said, "What you need is one of those GPS things." Then we told them that is what we were on our way to return. Oh, the irony.

5 comments:

Sweet Em said...

Oh goody, you are posting again! I think that GPS story is SOOOOO hilareous!

Sweet Em said...

Oh ya, and TWO bathrooms, I mean, come on!

C.B. said...

Hee hee, GOSH Laura, maybe you should get one of those GPS Things :). Your blog is looking really cute. You guys look so tired at the airport. What city are you living in now...are you by the ocean..if so I envy you.
As for posting pictures on here...I just save my pictures as a Jpeg on my computer from Scrapblog. Good luck getting more settled!

indeazgirl said...

Hi! It's Christin, emily's friend from Idaho in Arizona. I forgot a little that you were married. And that you are, like, grown, and stuff. Isn't that weird of me?
Yep. I think your GPS story is hilarious. I would have laughed for hours.
Good luck getting all settled in!
cc

Wii are the Nelsons said...

So that's where you guys went..Ohio is nice. I've visited Kirtland before. So you guys like Lost and 24, we do too! We are so excited for the 4th season of Lost. It's good that you have pictures up on Facebook now.