Wednesday, May 12, 2010

six months.

Hannah Mae!

You are 1/2 year old!  You are getting so big!  Some of the things that I love about you are:


  • That your hair sticks straight up!  It's so cute and turning blonde, it's just like your Daddy's!
  • The way that you play with your blanket or my hand and fingers while you are nursing.  This is my absolute favorite thing.  It's just something that tugs on my heartstrings while we are cuddling.
  • All the funny little faces that you make!  inquisitive, happy, scared, sad, confused, excited...you show your emotions very clearly through your facial expressions!

  • That you smile at nearly everyone that smiles at you.  I hope you keep this characteristic throughout your life!  You are a very friendly girl!  The other day we were at JoAnn's and you made a little old man's day by smiling and kicking your legs and arms around like you were so excited to see him!  It was adorable!

  • That you love to be near me.  If you are sleeping in my bed, you have to be touching me, if you don't your little hand starts moving around to find me there (even in your sleep), when you find me, you settle down again.
  • Your soft little cheeks.  They are so fun to kiss and sometimes I just want to munch on them!

  • Your chubby thighs are the cutest thing in the universe!  
  • That you are a little water baby.  When you are in the tub, you thrash around like a little fish, and then you see the faucet turn on and Mommy get a drink, you try to get the cup.  You even fall asleep well to the sound of the ocean or a gurgling stream.   I had the chance to take a Mommy and Me swim class and I didn't because I was afraid you might not be ready.  Well, I think you're ready now!

    That's just a short list of some of the cute things that I love about you right now!  There are many, many more!  I guess I could say that I love everything about you!

    Here are some of the new developmental things you are doing...

    • You are 16.5 lbs and 25 7/8 inches long!
    • You are sitting "tripod" style!  For about 20-30 seconds at a time.

    • You got your first tooth! Hooray!  (You are STILL teething, and I see that a second tooth is almost coming through.  Hopefully after that one, we can both have a break from that for a little bit!)
     (notice the drool! :)
    • You have tried lots of foods: peas, pears, peaches, sweet potatoes, squash, rice and oatmeal cereal, prunes, apples, carrots and I'm sure there's more.

    • You are now in your own crib in your own room.  You have been sleeping there for 2 nights and both night you only woke up once to eat in the middle of the night.  We even got an 8 hour stretch!  However, I still woke up to at 3 AM to check on you!  Hopefully this keeps up.  However, you are still only taking naps that range from 20 minutes to 45 minutes.  And you HATE to nap in your crib--you are too used to taking naps on Mom's bed!

    • You are grabbing your toes, I LOVE this!  It is one of the cutest baby things ever and I just smile when I see you doing it!  And you just figured out you can stick them in your mouth!!!

    • You are rolling back to front, but for some odd reason, you have only rolled from front to back a few times!  
    • You are just learning something new everyday and you LOVE yo be independent!
      We can't tell you how much we LOVE you baby girl!


      Love, Mommy and Daddy

      5 comments:

      Heidi said...

      Oh my goodness!! Could she possibly be any cuter?!?! I don't think so. I just want to munch those cheeks too. I absolutely love all these pictures but I think my favorites are the sideways close up(which is BEAUTIFUL!). And the middle one in the second set of pictures. HOLY CUTE!!!! I can't believe she is 6 months old already. Time goes by way too fast.

      Kimi said...

      She is too darling for words. Seriously. SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!! Hooray for all of her accomplishments :)

      Jessica said...

      She is seriously such a cute baby and you do such an awesome job capturing such great pictures of her!

      Isn't it crazy how the time flies? Mine is turning 5 in less than 2 weeks! Keep enjoying every minute!

      Brianna Tuckett said...

      How fun!!! I LOVE the pic of Hannah in the baseball cap! That's the cutest smile EVER!! You know, when my family had a foster baby that we had to teach to roll over the occupational therapist told us it was normal for babies to become very efficient at rolling one way, but have a harder time going the other way, so don't worry it'll come :) She is getting to be so big and just a cutie!! I CAN'T wait to meet her this summer :) Let me know when you come so we can set something up with us and Kenna :)

      Harris said...

      AH! Could she be any cuter! By the way in the pic with the drool did you make the flower in her hair! It is SO unbelievably CUTE!
      We sure miss you guys and we sure miss Hannah! I wish we could steal you guys away and have you come visit. We have a splash park that Hannah would love from the sounds of it! A mommy baby swim class how fun! Man Laura i just cannot believe how big she is getting! I hope Ohio is treating y'all good! Keep in touch! I miss you friend!!