Monday, May 17, 2010

my first mother's day.

This was my first Mother's Day! (no duh.) Connel and Hannah made it really special!

First on Friday, Connel pretended that he was leaving for work, then returned with some flowers clipped from our bush outside and made me these pancakes.  



He let me take a nice, long, hot shower while he played with Hannah.  ( I love my showers...Hannah doesn't like waiting for me though! :)  So that was really nice and thoughtful!  He then went to work and then came home that night while I left to go to Kirtland for a Relief Society Conference.  It was AMAZING!  Amazing because we sang the Spirit of God in the Kirtland Temple and not to be cheesy but "the spirit of God like a fire was burning"...literally.  I can't tell you how beautiful it was.  And Amazing because Connel watched Hannah for 4 hours, that is the longest that she has been away from me.  They went to Home Depot and he shopped while she slept.  He fed her dinner, got her to take a sippy with "mommy-milk" in it and even put her to sleep with a binky.  What the?  Yah. I was proud of him, but a little jealous that she slept while he shopped!  She doesn't do that for me!  Anyway, I rode home from the Kirtland Temple with my friend Catherine and we were going to go out to get a bite to eat, but it was seriously raining so hard!!!  It was pouring like I've never seen!  So, we opted to go out another time and right as I walked in the door to the house a HUGE clap of thunder and a streak of lightning burst!  and I guess I woke up Hannah.  So, Connel "says" that she was sleeping, but who really knows?!?!  Just Kidding,  I totally believe you honey!  Your the BEST!

Anyway, on Sunday, we pretty much rushed out of the door on our way to church and for my Mother's Day breakfast, I got a Special K bar..oh wait, 2 Special K bars!  Haha!  So, the Friday breakfast turned out to be a great plan in advance!

I got my first "REAL" Mother's day flower from the ward.  And even though Connel and I spent Saturday Afternoon, Evening, and until 1 AM wrapping and tying ribbons around the flowers...I still felt so AWESOME getting a MOM flower!

Connel grilled a yummy dinner and Hannah took a nice long nap while I surfed the net.  



Then that evening we got out of the house and went on a little hike in one of the Metroparks.  










I was able to practice some of my photography skills, and I think that I have decided what kind of photography I like best...





...nature photographs.  I guess I like taking pictures of plants and creatures???  Don't ask me why!  I guess it's because for the most part they are just something in the place they are supposed to be, doing the thing they are supposed to do. I would love to practice some landscape photography.  That would be great!  I have even been inspired to make a book of my photography.  I am seriously not the best and I know that, but I like the pictures that I take and I want to preserve them and make a coffee table book or something!

Anyway, it was a good day, low key, no big celebrations or anything.  It was just nice.  Me and my family.  I liked it that way!

4 comments:

C.B. said...

ooo, love that deer photograph. So pretty. I'm glad you enjoyed your first mother's day!

Spencer and Mackenzie said...

and what an awesome nature photographer you are!!!! You've inspired me, I think I might just plan a hike sometime soon!

Brianna Tuckett said...

That sounds like a FABULOUS Mother's Day! I love low-key celebrations! It's so nice to be able to "chill" with the ones you love! Oh and I really like your photos too! I think your nature photos in different sizes and frames would make a really cool wall art! :) Happy first "official" Mom's Day, Laura!! :)

Mandy said...

Happy late first Mothers Day!! And what a good one at that. So glad you were showered with love and got a break for 4 hours. That's awsome!! I love the photo of daddy carrying his little girl on the hike. Precious.