Thursday, November 12, 2009

hooray!

Hannah's coming home today!

Yesterday, Hannah was put in a regular hospital bassinet for 24 hours to see if she was able to maintain her temperature, weight, and regular feedings.  They told us that if she did these things for 24 hours, she would get to come home!  Today, we found out that she also passed her 45 minute car seat test and she gets to come home tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


We are super excited as we thought she would still be in the NICU for at least another week.  We are also a little nervous as having her in the NICU has made us super cautious and paranoid.  No more monitors is a relief, but also makes us a little nervous as there will be nothing to "BEEP" at us if something goes wrong.  We were joking that we would just take shifts all night watching her breathe.  (which is probably a bit too true)


I was feeling extra overwhelmed last night, but thanks to a blessing and lots of prayer I feel that our Hannah will be okay and that we can be confident that she will continue to be a healthy baby girl.


Here are some photos for my picture hungry family members. ;)




19 comments:

Amber said...

Hooray! I'm so excited for you!!! I love your pictures! She is such a cutie!

The Kesler Family said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you guys! She's in good hands...you don't have anything to worry about. I sent you a package today so be looking for it sometime next week. I was supposed to have it to you before Hannah was born, but you went and had her early on me. Keep those pictures coming!

Erika said...

Yay! I am so glad she is coming home!!!

Josh and Krystal said...

She is absolutly Beautiful! I love the pictures. I am so happy that she is okay and coming home. I love the picture of her little hand hanging onto Connel's finger. Too cute!

Ashley said...

How fun for you to have her all to yourselves. And yes, the watching her breathe through the night thing is very true! Congrats again!

Brooke Monk said...

Yay! Everything's going so well and we couldn't be happier for you guys! Keep the pictures coming! (But I more than understand if we don't see a post for a while. You'll be busy!)

Heidi said...

That is so exciting!! You can finally be home together as a family. I am sure she will be just fine. She will still be in great hands. I bet you guys will be watching her breath a lot, it is pretty common. I'm so excited for you guys! We love you so much and are so happy for you. Hugs and kisses to little Hannah :)

Kimi said...

How wonderful! It's totally normal to watch your baby breathe, and, aside from sleep deprivation, doesn't do any harm ;)

Hannah is beyond words adorable. Seriously. So much cuteness!!!!

Trapper and Suzy said...

Aww! She is precious! I remember when we had our first baby, if Trapper couldn't hear him breathing or moving around at night, he'd immediately jump out of bed and put his ear to his chest. haha It was cute to see him so concerned.
I'm so glad she's home! Watch out! She'll be a year old before know it!

Carly said...

oh my goodness!! What a sweet angel. You all look great. I love the picture of Hannah holding Connel Ray's hand. So cute.

kim said...

Wow!How exciting! Just you and your family at home at last. She is simply amazing and your guys look so great. Thanks for the pictures and I know you will have a bagillion of them on your camera and I understand if they don't make it to your blog very often. There is nothing better than holding your sweet precious newborn. By the way, Betty Marston responded to the e-mail I sent around about Hannah's birth and said thanks for sending it and that she cried to see your sweet baby. We all love you so much! congrats again!

Sweet Em said...

I hope you are enjoying yourselves this morning. I hyperventilate whenever I see how cute she is. Thanks for the pictures.

(Isn't it fun to have a baby to blog about?)

Brianna Tuckett said...

That is soooo exciting! Congrats on bringing your beautiful baby girl home! :)

Editt said...

I'm so happy for you!!!! Hooray! Good luck! I remember waking up to every squeak my first made. Fun times! I look forward to more stories and more discoveries. You are beautiful and so is your daughter.

Tanya said...

Not just picture hungry family but friends too!! she's beautiful!! I want to see her!!!

Taylor'n'Ericka said...

Woo Hoo!!!!! Enjoy being at home with your little family--you deserve it!

Charisa and Trent said...

How excitingly wonderfully absolutely positively perfectly amazing to be able to have her home and with you each and every moment of the day!!!!

Mandy said...

OH SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I am SO glad things are on the upside and you are able to take her home. I LOVE the big smiles you and your husband have in the photos....amongst all that is going on and the lack of sleep I'm sure, you each have excitement and love written all over your faces. What wonderful parents. Congrats!!!

Alli said...

What a cute baby! I'm so glad she gets to be home now. I hope things are going well!