Tuesday, November 10, 2009

fake-baker.


Tonight at 8 PM the bili-lights come off!  They will check her jaundice levels again in the morning to see if her levels keep going down to a healthy level.  To celebrate, we are bringing a blanket from home to cover the top of her isolette and make her feel more "at-home".

We decided that she looks like she is laying in a little tanning bed...She's thinks she's cool with her futuristic sunglasses on. :)

We have only been able to hold her for feedings, which usually means not for more than 30-45 minutes at a time and normally she is nursing, so Daddy hasn't gotten that much snuggle time with his little girl and he is starting to try and sneak little bits of snuggle time here and there after she is done nursing with me, until the nurse comes and has to be the bad guy and tell Daddy "it's time to put her back, so she can get better."

So needless to say, we are both super-excited to have the lights come off.
We love you Hannah and can't wait to snuggle with you!


9 comments:

Kimi said...

She rocks those sunglasses :)

I'm so happy to hear she's doing better! She's so tiny and cute. Hooray for progress! How are you doing?

Hanna in the House... said...

She is absolutely perfect laura!We will be keeping your sweet family in our prayers. My oldest, Chandler was really yellow, and they sent us home with a billy blanket. It made her look like a little glow worm. I hope that you aren't as emotional about not holding her as much as I was. I cried so much after I had her. I just wanted to throw that blanket away and cuddle her. She really is so beautiful, I am so happy for you!

elise said...

such good parenting already..:)

Amy said...

blah. Not holding them is the worst part. I remember getting mad at the nurses because they would always come tell me it was time to put Ellie back (even though I know she was just doing what was best for Ellie)It will get better and you will be able to hold her more! And soon enough she will be home for you to cuddle and kiss all you want! :)

Heidi said...

She looks super cool! lol. I remember bili blankets, those were a pain. I hope her bili rubin count is back down tomorrow. You can do it Hannah! Love you!

MommyJo said...

It is SO hard to not be able to hold her all day!!! We had the same restrictions with my oldest... but when were at home with the lights we cheated! ;) I hope her levels can come down so that she won't have to be on the lights and you will get to finally snuggle more with your little sweet heart! Good Luck! Thanks for the update! :)

Harris said...

Oh I hope everything is going good with that precious little girl! She is going to love the sun forever now. what a cute little girl! You two let us know if we can do anything at all! And I would love to bring you guys some yummy dinner so let me know when that is allowed!!!! We love you both, and want to wish you the best of luck through all of this!!!

Kate Call said...

that'a girl.. get her tan'n and look'n good early! ... oh she is just perfect you guys.. beautiful! so happy for your cute little family. hope you are enjoying every minute of it..i'm sure you are... and i hope you get to hold her way more now than you have been able to.. that would be tough. congrats again ;)

Tanya said...

she looks so comfy layin there! I'm glad she's doing so good. can't wait till you guys get to take her home!