Saturday, November 7, 2009

beautiful.

((HUGE HEAVING SIGH))

 I don't apologize for my lack of blogging.  :)


Here is a short update on how our little Hannah Mae is doing...

We left the hospital on Friday night, however, Hannah still needs to stay in the NICU.  She is breathing well, and beginning to breastfeed well.  She has a feeding tube, which was taken out today, but still needs to get more food down, so she may have to have it put back in.  It is hard for her right now, because she has jaundice and grows very tired after eating for more than 30 minutes or so.  She is under the bili-lights and wearing her little "sunglasses", hopefully it will help her get rid of all the yuckies in her system and she will be able to get stronger and gain more weight, eat better and eventually be able to come home.  It should still be a few weeks, but she is working really hard and making Mommy and Daddy very proud will all her little successes.  We love to hold her and cuddle and kiss her little tiny cheeks.  She is a wiggly little thing, but when she is being held she cuddles right up to our chest.  We just love to nuzzle our sweet girl.

We just ask that you keep her (and us) in your prayers as even though she is doing very well for being born early, she is still a preemie and needs lots of attention and monitoring.  Mommy worries about her so much and hates to leave her when we go home at night, but we know that she is in good hands.  Every little prayer helps and lets us feel more at peace about Hannah's situation.  We love her so much and can't wait to take her home and to be with her at all times.


I promise to share the whole story (excluding gory details) about the when, hows, whys, etc of Hannah coming early, but for right now, I am really tired, and need to get some sleep so I can recover fully and take good care of our little sweetie.  
In the meantime, here are a few pictures of our "sunshine", as Connel calls her. :)


  First family photo

Sticking out her tongue

My beautiful girl

Proud Papa






 Listening to Mommy sing.

17 comments:

Amber said...

Laura she is so beautiful! Oh it makes me so excited for my little one to get here! We will keep your little family in our prayers! I hope she gets to go home soon too! I bet it is so hard to have to leave at night :( but I'm glad she is in good hands. I love her tongue sticking out pic! Sooooo cute! Congrats again!

Brooke Monk said...

You're amazing Laura. Love you tons!

Sweet Em said...

Both Aaron and I gasped when we saw how sweet she is, especcially picture #2. Oh - LAURA - she is so amazing. It was worth waiting for these pictures!!

Melly Mae, Curt-dowg and B-$$ said...

you guys she is so beautiful and perfect. i am so happy she is doing well. you are in our prayers for sure! hope to see you soon.

The Kesler Family said...

So glad you're home and I can't wait to hear the news of when Hannah gets to join you there! She's so pretty!

kim said...

She is so sweet. What a beautiful girl! I just think she is breathtaking and I am crying!I don't know why. We love you guys so much and continue to pray for you daily. Even the kids bless "Laura and Connel's baby Hannah" She is simmply beautiful. Thank you so much for the pictures.

Taylor'n'Ericka said...

What a beautiful little doll she is! I'm glad she is safe, and we will pray for her to get stronger quickly! She'll get there. I'm so happy for you and Connell. :)

Kimi said...

So happy for the update and the pictures. Hannah is absolutely perfect and too cute for words. You are all definitely in our prayers. What a perfect family you are! We love you :)

Heidi said...

Thanks you so much for this post. I love all the pictures. She is soooo adoarable!!! Oh my goodness!! You are all in our prayers. We love you guys!!

Che' and Amber said...

Oh Laura she is so beautiful!! Congratulations you guys!

Tanya said...

aww she is beautiful!! Laura I'm so happy for you guys!! I will continue to pray for your little family of 3 =) I love the last picture of you singing to her, she looks like she's loving it and listening very intently, No wonder she came early, she just couldn't wait to be with you guys any longer! =)

Luke and Katie said...

ohhh, I am in love!! She is absolutely perfect!
What a wonderful blessing to have this little sweety in your lives. We will keep you guys in our prayers. Love you!
PS Let us know you need meals!

elise said...

You two will be great parents! Congrats!

Amy said...

Such a beautiful little girl! As far as her being in the NICU... I know it’s hard but get to know the other babies and parents in there. It is really nice to have someone to talk to other than the nurses (even though they are wonderful!)

Brianna Tuckett said...

Laura I am soo happy for you! Words can't express how grateful I am that she is doing well and how excited I am for you both. I know that you are both going to be WONDERFUL parents and already are! I will most definitly be keeping you all my thoughts and prayers. Growing up we did foster care for awhile and took in mostly preemies, so I know about the hardships that some can face, but it always so amazing to me how resiliant they are and how their will live and overcome and the love they feel around them can help to make them strong. Hannah is beautiful! Congratulations!!

Ashley said...

She looks so good, seriously. Her cheeks are cute, and her coloring is so pretty. I bet you can't get enough kisses in. Congrats again!

Taunya Spaulding said...

she looks really good! and she's so cute! it makes me want mine here sooner! :) i can't wait to get my hands on my little baby! :)you're looking great too! congrats again!