Tuesday, June 23, 2009

16/17 weeks.

I am now 17 weeks along! Time is going by way fast, but not too fast, as I am still pretty nervous and anxious about along of things and for some reason the days to the next OB appointments (tomorrow) seem to go by so slowly! I have not yet been able to feel any movement, but my belly is sure growing (whether that's baby or just baby "padding", I can't tell...)

Here is my 16 week picture.

My belly sure is growing! Yesterday I had three people who hadn't seen me in a while tell me that I was showing! So I guess I am pregnant after all!!! :) Connel still gets surprised by it! Yesterday, he got home from work and at first glance of my tummy he said, "WOAH! Your belly is HUGE!" Lucky for him it wasn't an emotional day for me!

I keep feeling little pains that my doctor and everyone else tells me are "growing pains" or the round ligament pains. Those are interesting. The one thing that has been becoming a little more dominant is back pain. I can't sit or stand or lay the same way to long or my back starts to ache a little bit. I suppose it's because of the abdominal muscles that are now, pretty much non-existent, not that they were that existent before, but they at least worked to keep my back upright instead of pulling it forward. Baths are my best friend right now, and the back ache is such a great excuse to get a free back rub from my sweetie every night! I love all the feelings of being pregnant, they are something that I don't take for granted. I have been feeling a little less hopeful for some reason lately and I really want to make the best of the whole pregnancy, but how do you keep your mind from thinking and worrying about pregnancy, when all you do all day is eat for baby, sleep for baby, eat for baby, go to the bathroom for baby, take pills for baby, eat for baby---oh, did I already say that?

I have really been having some dominant cravings...this is what I like to eat: baked potatoes with sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese (from Wendy's is the best), apples, applesauce, apple juice, cheetos, cottage cheese, cold cereal, cake, peanut butter sandwiches, bananas, and milkshakes, I have to practically force myself to eat vegetables. Right now I am in real need of peaches and this is the snack that I ate yesterday...



Ritz crackers, loaded with peanut butter and chocolate chips. It was awesome!

10 comments:

Tanya said...

You are so cute pregnant!!! and yes you are starting to show!! you gotta love that! You probably wont feel your baby move for while longer, I don't think I felt Chloe move till around 20 or 21 weeks. and those ligament pains...so not fun, and sorry to say but they will not go away. I always had them really bad when I turned over at night.

~ kietra ~ said...

YOu are such a cute pregnant lady- you totally have the pregnancy glow!! Thanks for the reminder to enjoy the pregnancy symptoms- it gets much harder toward the end... but--- YAY for 17 weeks!!! They should schedule your ultrasound soon and you can find out if its girl or boy!! YAY!!!!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

I love pregnant pics! I love reading about it all....I miss being pregnant =D...I always worried too though

The Packards said...

You are very cute pregnant. I was always worried during my second pregnancy too, I was always thinking the worst, and I just had to keep telling myself..have faith have faith! :) have fun at your appt tomorrow, it was always such a relief for me to hear the heart beat, I wished I had an ultra sound machine at home so I could check the baby every day, but I guess you just have to go off of faith.

Brooke Monk said...

I'm so excited for you. Being pregnant is so much fun! Yes, it can be painful at times but I'm glad that you're savoring every moment because like you said it goes by fast. Even though I absolutely love love love having Emily here I sometimes miss those late nights standing in the living room with my big huge belly by my lit up Christmas tree in the dark swaying back and forth trying to get her to sleep so that she'd stop kicking me and I could go to sleep too. I miss you!

C.B. said...

awww, look at your cute bump.

When I was pregnant I never craved anything...I hated eating, I lost a ton of weight my first trimester because everything smelled and tasted disgusting.

So I am glad that you have cravings.

Brooks said...

Hehe, you look great. The ligament pain stinks because it comes when you don't expect. Mine is bed on the sides of my belly, so everytime I sneeze it hurts.

Amy said...

Sounds like everything is going great! I always worried about not feeling the baby too but I didn't feel them for a while because I didn't know what I was looking for! In a month or so you will feel the baby ALL the time!! :) Love ya!

Taylor'n'Ericka said...

Awww....look at you with your cute little belly. I am SOOOOOOO happy for you. I have teared up a few times when I read about your good news of being pregnant. It couldn't happen to a better gal. :)

Amy Franklin said...

First of all--CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you. And now there is no turning back. Your body will never be the same again, but it is so worth it! I love your cravings--they are similar to mine, except I have no pregnancy excuse! Cereal was my go-to food with all my pregnancies, and I used to eat something very similar to your Ritz/PB/chocolate concoction. Yum, that sounds good! Can't wait to see you guys again here in Cleveland!