This year, I was a little selfish during the weeks that preceded the big celebration of Mother's everywhere. It seems that there are plenty of reasons why one who has no children might slightly despise the "passing out the flowers" in sacrament meeting. I was really worried about how to handle Mother's Day...it was just going to be a little bit different for me this year. However, on Mother's Day, thank goodness that my thoughts were not so focused on myself.
I actually seemed to think more about my own Mother and Mother-in-Law and the great women that they are. Both of them have gone through so much in life, and both of them show their testimonies of the gospel in the way that they live. I am so grateful to have such wonderful examples of Motherhood and Womanhood in my life.
Sending TONS of love to our Mothers...to us, everyday is a day to celebrate you, because you are the reason why we are who we are, and why we are here! We miss you both dearly!
I actually seemed to think more about my own Mother and Mother-in-Law and the great women that they are. Both of them have gone through so much in life, and both of them show their testimonies of the gospel in the way that they live. I am so grateful to have such wonderful examples of Motherhood and Womanhood in my life.
Sending TONS of love to our Mothers...to us, everyday is a day to celebrate you, because you are the reason why we are who we are, and why we are here! We miss you both dearly!
3 comments:
Laura,
I wish I had your patience and wisdom, Mother's Day was always killer for me. I'd go home in tears, and I couldn't control my emotions at all. You are one tough cookie! :)
Another perspective:
Sitting in church with teenagers who have told you they hate you - not one "happy mothers day" wish from anyone in your family.....
Mothers day is a nightmare for me, a mother. I vote we get rid of the dang holiday and celebrate "WOMEN" becaue I have some amazing women in my life who have molded me into who I am today.
I actually wasn't with my kids on Mother's day. I was visiting my sister in NYC, and attended her single's ward. I teased that I wasn't going to go to her ward becaue they wouldn't be honoring mothers with the little flower or whatever. It was actually really good. One lady that spoke said that even though she's not a mother, and that she may never be a mother, that she can work on gaining the attributes of motherhood. Not only will she be a mother in the next life, but if she works on the attributes of a mother (loving, kind, patient, etc) then she can help any of God's children, no matter what age.
Post a Comment