Wednesday, May 27, 2009

city museum.

A couple of weekends ago, we went with out friends the Reeds to City Museum. It is a museum in the middle of downtown St. Louis. It has this huge and very awesome outdoor jungle gym/treehouse/maze. At first I was thinking that the kids would play and we adults would just keep track and follow them on the walking paths. But then, to my surprise we started climbing through one of the metal tunnels! I made the mistake of wearing flip-flops so if you ever go make sure to wear tennis shoes and jeans because my knees were killing me by the end! I had little bruises to prove it.

On the inside of the museum there is a large indoor cave and "under the sea" themed area where more of the tunnels and such circle around and maze through certain areas of the building. They offer no maps so that discovery is wide open! There was an indoor "skate park" where the kids could just climb up the half-pipes and slide down. There was a gaint pair of underwear (which we never found) and a huge giant pencil that had a real lead and an eraser!
Connel and Katy up in the "birdcage"!


Connel having to much fun.


On top of the world! Connel and Xandy are in the top tunnel.^

Me climbing out of the tunnel that gave me a HUGE bruise on my thigh. I was going so slow! The poor little kid behind me was probably like c'mon Lady move it!!


In the airplane with Bella and Jacob.


Connel and I had as much fun as the kids! Connel followed them all like a trooper through the tunnels and platforms. Afterwards, he said "I am really glad we went to that museum, it was by far the coolest museum that I have ever been to!"

It really was! Thanks to the Reeds for inviting us! We are sure we will see you in Cleveland every once in a while, but we will still miss you!

6 comments:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

that place is sweet! I'll have to remember that if I ever visit St. Louis

C.B. said...

That is awesome! I want to go!

Terra said...

we had a blast and were glad you came with us! We'll miss you too, good luck with the move.

Brianna Tuckett said...

That looks like the coolest museum ever!!! Way fun!!

Brooke Monk said...

How fun!! Gosh I miss you-are you coming home to visit this summer, or anytime in the near future?? Love you tons, and may I say-you are sooo pretty Laura. Really, you look amazing!

MommyJo said...

Looks like fun... and WAY scary too! You guys are very adventurous and explore your community and all it has to offer... That is awesome!!! Me and my family need to be more outgoing like that!