Monday, December 29, 2008

a simple christmas.

This year, because we visited our families early, it was just us two for Christmas! It was kind of fun. The few days before Christmas, I was a little homesick, because for a little while I was trying to do all of the Christmas Prep myself and it didn't really seem like Connel was that into it. Until Christmas Eve, when...

...he helped wrap presents (he was so proud of this one! One year my Mom wrapped some gifts like this and he was SOOOO impressed with it, he thought it was the coolest thing! :)


...he helped me make fudge and deliver it to friends

...he read to me, our family's traditional Christmas Story, Poochy the Christmas Pup


...then, on Christmas Morning at 7:15 I woke up to Connel nudging me and saying, "Let's go open presents." (with a BIG GRIN). It was pretty cute and very genuine. I was actually the one who wanted to stay cuddled in my nice warm bed until 10 am, but...
...me...still waking up...did I ever mention that I am not a morning person?


...he took me to a light display 45 minutes away, just to fulfill the tradition of going to look at the lights!




Over all, him getting into the "spirit" of things with me, was the best gift ever!

Christmas Day 2008

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Awww that was sweet of him! I liked the lights. I'm glad he finally got into the Christmas spirit, I felt like such a Grinch this year, I usually love the Christmas season, but for some reason was dreading it this year,next year we will be home maybe that will help. :)

Hanna in the House... said...

That really was a sweet post. I think that it would be hard to be so far away from family, but this is when you get to start your own traditions as well. What a sweet husband you have. I am so glad to hear you had a fabulous Christmas!

Ashley said...

It looks like you had a good Christmas. I love the story of the 12 days of Christmas someone did for you.