Monday, December 22, 2008

idaho trip december 2008 {part 4}.

After we left my families house, we met up with Connel's sister Carly in Pocatello and headed off to Oregon to see Connel's family.

It was fun to see everybody again. We went 4-wheeling the first full day that we were there. I hadn't been on a 4- wheeler for about a year and a half so I was really not that daring. I just puttered along while everybody else zoomed past! That's really okay with me though. I prefer to be safe! :)

Check out C-dog Carly in the background! Love it!



Kicking up some dust!

________

That evening, we ate pizza while my Father-in-Law put on a slide show of his mission pictures and told us a few stories about his mission in South Africa. It was interesting to see all the 70's style architecture and clothing, etc in the pictures as well as hear some fun mission stories!



________

The next night we went and met up with some of our friends from Nyssa, the Beck's and the Beck's. The boys made tinfoil dinners while the girls talked, and then we ate and talked. It is always fun to catch up with friends!

The Girls: Erin, Jessica, Me!

The guys: Jeff, Connel, Brian----and the yummy tinfoil dinners they made for us! (BTW, these guys know HOW to make a tinfoil dinner, just add sausage, and then a little trick that Brooke and Steve taught us, add some cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup, it makes it perfectly juicy! Yum!
________

Another fun thing we did was when I went with Connel in the hay truck! We went to haul a load with his Grandpa. I always like going in the farm equipment with Connel, it just makes me feel so COUNTRY!



The HULK! (in red)


We had to make a quick stop at M&W to get the BEST DOUGHNUTS in the WORLD! Can't get them anywhere else!

____________

We had a dinner at Grandma's house and were able to see lots of the cousins and relatives that we hadn't seen for about a year!!



___________

Then we went to the ward party and saw even more people, but only took picture of ourselves for some reason...ha ha!

Connel and his Dad, Connel the 1st

Carly and I

Connel and his Grandparents
_______

It was fun to be able to be back in the country and back home! We miss you all and love you and can't wait to see you again!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Laura it was so surprising to see you guys on 4 wheelers:) haha. the pic of the donut looks tasty. how do you add "labels" to your blog posts? is there a point to doing it? and you can totally copy my idea for the game board, if you want I can send you some better pictures. If you want to do the rubs sometime, I can send you the recipe's too.