Friday, June 24, 2011

a wedding day funny.

Last night I was talking to my Mother-in-law about when Connel and I got engaged.  It was kind of funny, as I re-told her the story, how certain little things came back to me as I talked about it.  Connel was there talking about it too and it was really interesting how he of course remembered different things than I did.  I was also talking to my Mom yesterday and we were discussing how all of us in our family have different memories of the same events or times in life.  I guess, when telling your stories, it's good to have more than just your own input.  It would be good to ask what your parents or siblings or spouse or in-laws remember about the events, it could provide some good humor or insight to the story that you might have missed yourself.

Like for example, my sister posted on Facebook on our anniversary..."7 years ago all the uncles sat around and made fun of the newlyweds on their honeymoon ;)"  And I was like...wait...is that true? did they really?  Anyway, that's kind of a funny little detail that adds some humor to *ahem*...our side of the story.





1 comment:

MBC Scrapbooking said...

Great suggestions for memory-making!
My favorite memory of my grandma telling about my parents' wedding was how the florist somehow delivered the flowers to the house in an obscure place, and after the wedding, while my parents had just left for their honeymoon, my grandma and great-grandma found the flowers and tossed them around the room like confetti:)
C:)