Thursday, June 9, 2011

a homemade gift giving story.


When Connel and I were dating I decided that would make him something for Christmas, instead of buying it.  I took on the project of making him a homemade quilt.  What I didn't know was that Connel was planning a little homemade something for me too!  We both spent hours and hours working on our gifts for each other.  So, it was one of the best surprises to find out that we had both spent quality time working on our little projects for one another.  I asked Connel what he remembered about getting the quilt and he said "It was nice to have a little bit of you "in" the gift and to know you spent time doing something nice like that for me."  then he teasingly said that he also was glad to find out that I could sew and could fix all his clothes...and that he thought "Daaang! She wants cuddle with me!" (FYI-"Dang!" is an excited expression in my husbands language :)

When Connel brought out the gift he had made for me.  I remember trying to hold back tears.  It was a beautiful wood framed mirror with a shelf.  It was wrapped with a pink ribbon and on the front of the mirror was a heart shaped piece of pink paper that said, "When you look into this mirror, I hope you see all of the wonderful qualities I see in you."  It also remember thinking that I thought it was manly that he could do woodwork! :)  It was a really good feeling that we had both put time and effort into our gifts and really had to think about what the other person would like.  And even though they are just "things", they hold very sentimental value and help us remember those feelings of love and giddiness we had for each other when we were dating.

 That's just one of many great memories.

2 comments:

Luke and Katie said...

that is adorable! I am not crafty enough to do something like this!
Haha..
What's great is, even though they are "things". They have a ton of sentimental value that you wouldn't want to part with, like something you may have bought at the store..

The Beck Bunch said...

I'll post ours next month! Yeah!