Tuesday, May 24, 2011

idaho rememberies.


Connel and I at Mesa Falls, ID




OFF-ROAD BABY!
I have been missing my Idaho lately.  Maybe it's because summer is almost here (despite the random monsoon season we are having) or maybe it's because I have a serious hankerin' to go camping.  Either way, I think I'm feeling a little claustrophobic...

Please don't get me wrong.  We love Ohio for it's own beauty and for the people we know here.  We have been blessed to be able to explore many local and not so local Ohio treasures and build wonderful friendships.

But I'm a sap for Idaho...there is something irreplaceable about being able to look out and see for miles around, or take a last minute camping trip to a remote lake, or see beautiful pink and orange sunsets almost every single night, or look up into the sky at night and actually see stars...tons of them! 

Lil' Sis, Lil' Bro, Connel, and I.  At Yellowstone Nat'l Park...I know, it's in Wyoming...close enough!

When Connel was looking for jobs we were excited to get out of Idaho.  We wanted the adventure of another place...One of my best friends called from home today and I just cried to her about how I miss it so much!  How ironic!

Two words:  Snow. Chainsaw.
One of our many trips to the Rexburg Ice Caves.

She and I both agreed that we miss those days of freedom and adventure.  But this is a different season of our life.  And you know, perhaps I am dwelling to much in the past.  Someday we will move back to the west and I will look back and miss these days...miss Ohio, just like I look back and miss our time in Missouri...

Connel smothering me with kisses at a remote mountain lake.
...and our life in Idaho. 

I know that God led us here and that it is where we are supposed to be right now...but I still can't help feeling a little homesick.  :(

6 comments:

Heidi said...

I feel the exact same way. I have come to love WA so much! But Idaho really is special. I loved this post. I miss you guys so much. :( Some day, we will go camping together. It will be so much fun! We think about you guys all the time. Love you!

p.s. I can't read the date on the pictures. Were Kevin and I married yet, when that pic was taken? I can't remember. How terrible am I?!?!

The Beck Bunch said...

We miss you guys too!! Someday you'll be closer, until then enjoy the great mid west! ;)

kim said...

I really liked this. I hear you though. I am counting down the days. My Dad flies in on the 14th and then I am GONE!! I know I will miss Missouri and of course my husband but I can't wait to be in beautiful Idaho. Love and miss you!!

Luke and Katie said...

i miss idaho too! thank you for the memories...

Monk Family said...

I love Laura, never forget that! You constantly amaze me. Thanks for being someone I can look up to.

Brianna Tuckett said...

Well Idaho sure misses YOU!!!!! I am so glad though that you guys have gotten to experience something new and different outside of Idaho. It gives us good persepective when we can experience something new and differnt. Just know that no matter where life takes you Idaho will always be here for ya :)