Tuesday, May 17, 2011

eighteen months.

Hannah my baby, I mean...my big girl! :(


You are gettin' big!  And it's all happening way to fast.  There are a lot of cute, funny and sometimes naughty things you do and I would like to remember how adorable you are and some of the things you did at this age.

-You are 32 5/8 inches tall  (that's abot 2 1/2 feet) and 22 lbs 7 oz.  That means you have grown 2 inches in the past 3 months!  You are on the average/tall part of the scale.

-You recently got your 1 year molars at about 16 months and you are working on the "vampire" teeth (top and bottom).  Ugh.  Not fun.


-You had Pneumonia!  I thought it was allergies and I took you to the doctor.  She said no on the allergies and said she was concerned because you were breathing really fast.  We went to the hospital and had an x-ray.  The machine they put you in was quite the contraption.  You sat in a little saddle in the middle of the machine.  You had your arms above your head and I had to hold your hands.  While two clear curved windows wrapped around your chest/ribs and held you there.  You were VERY brave and didn't cry until they put the screen in front of your face and you couldn't see me anymore.  Then you were a little upset!  But you didn't scream, you just cried a sad, scared cry.  I had a hard time holding back tears myself!  The x-ray confirmed that you had Pneumonia and we put you on an antibiotic.  A couple days later you were coughing really bad and so we took you back to the doctor.  They did a breathing treatment.  I had to hold you with my legs and hold a breathing mask on your face for 10 minutes.  You screamed the entire time and I don't think it did any good at all.  But you got a stronger antibiotic and were better in about 5 days.  You were actually pretty happy (despite many many night wakings) the entire time you were sick and so we were suprised to find out it was pneumonia.  But, we are glad you are feeling better and sleeping better!
Here is a picture of the x-ray machine.  (That kid is not Hannah)

-You are very talkative.  You babble on and on about who knows what.  Your favorite word to say is "No-no."  You will say things like "a-doo-ba-do-ba-dee-ba no-no."  or "No-no. Am-da-ma-do-moo Ma-ma."  I love it.  I don't know what you are saying to me but I talk back to you like we are having a regular conversation. 

-Other words you say are: Mi-mi (binky), Dee (blanky), gook (book), baw (ball), ow (owl), birds are "quee quee" ("tweet tweet"s), fshshsh (fish), bee-bee (baby), wock (rock), sha-sha-sha-shoo (shoe), gock (sock), shesh ("stairs" for upstairs/downstairs), heow (help), bye, and lots of others that I can't think of right now.

-You do your own signs (not classic) for help, more, all done, please and thank you.

-You like to blow kisses and wave bye bye.  When Daddy tell you "night-night", you say "Bye" and wave bye-bye.

-You are starting to pretend a little bit here and there and you like to dress up in my necklaces.

-You are getting better at feeding yourself with a spoon.

-Your favorite foods are chicken nuggets, cold cereal w/ milk, pasta, and chocolate.  You love to eat spicy foods and are an excellent chip and salsa dipper. :)

-Your favorite toys are your vacuum, toy riding car, and books.

-Your favorite books are "Moo, Baa, La La La" by Sandra Boynton, and "Winter in the Big Woods" (a picture book adaptation of the Little House on the Prairie), and a sing-a-long Pocahontas book (which you like me to sing to you every naptime and bedtime...kill me now).


-Your favorite songs are "Skin-a-marink-y-dinky-dink" and "Popcorn Popping"

-You attended nursery for the first time on Easter and the week after that but have not been back since because of Pneunonia and then Stake Conference.  You have done very well so far!

-You fold your arms for the prayer and are starting to try and say babble prayers.  We do a dance at the beginning of family home evening and right after it's over you bend down and fold your arms for the opening prayer...you know the routine!  It's so adorable!

-You have a scowl that could scare a monster away!

-We just bought you a little potty to "practice" sitting on.  You love it and carry around the house.  I just hope you love it when it's actually time to USE it!

-You like to climb on the table... but you fall off too.  You know you are not supposed climb on it and you get a big smirk on your face when I tell you "no" or to get down.  I have to put the chairs on the table to prevent you from doing it.

-You like to go around and point at our "be-ee"s (bellies).

-Your favorite show is Dora ("Do-do").

I could go on forever, but I won't.  I just think you are the best thing that has ever happened to us and I want you to know how much I LOVE YOU!  You are my best friend and I love having you as my little shadow.  I love ya Mae-baby!

Love, Mama

1 comment:

Malory Jensen said...

Laura, I had to laugh cuz when I first opened your blog I looked at the picture of the kid in the xray machine and thought it was hannah, I was thinking, "holy cow she is HUGE!" lol. But I do love your blog, your are so good at writing fun details!