I'm now twenty eight years old. I'm feeling old. I'm finding more and more gray hairs...seriously though, I am. You might even be able to see them in this picture. But... don't tell me if you do...
For my birthday, my husband took me on a date!!!!!!! That was the highlight, I have to say. We don't get way too many dates that often anymore and before kids, it's kind of like a perma-date! Haha! Anyway, I often miss our alone time and so it's nice to get out and go on a date together! Our good friends took the kiddo and then went to an awesome Thai restaurant, with no wait, but that's because we got the last table there! I ordered a crab plate as an appetizer. I thought was going to be something similar to crab rangoon...but it turned out to be a little mini crabs fried insides. It came out on the tray intact and it looked just like a spider to me. I tried it, but I just couldn't bring myself to eat more than a few bites! We did get our favorite, Pad Thai. And scarfed it, of course. After our date we went to our friends house and played games and talked until the wee hours of the morn. I love game nights!!!
The Sunday, THE actual birthday, we got to GO to church TO-GETH-ER! Aaaannnd he delegated others to do some of his after church responsibilities. So, I got to take a nap and Connel made a delicious meal of salmon, rice pilaf and veggies. Grilled. Mmmmm. We skyped with my fam, and hung around the house, it was perfect!
Oh and the day before, Connel and Hannah gave me a birthday present...some new workout clothes, which I have been needing/wanting! Surprisingly and excitingly, Connel chose the right size and the pants fit perfectly! But I won't be sad if they seem to get larger over time...if you know what I mean. ;)

9 comments:
Happy birthday! sounds like it was a fun couple of days for you! :) and 28 isn't that old-i'm going to be 26 and i was finding gray hairs in HIGH SCHOOL!!! :)
So glad you had a good birthday! Sounds like yummy food. It's so great to get a date night!
so fun! I am glad that you were able to go out with your hubby..always a good bday present!
Game night is the best!!! Woohoo!! And I love our girls game nights. lol We're so funny. I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday, and Connell is so sweet to make you dinner and delegate his calling to others that day. What a great husband you have.
happy Birthday Laura!!! It sounds like you had a great birthday!! You and your fam are so cute!!!
It sounds like the perfect birthday to me!! I'm glad you had a great day(s)!
Happy late birthday! Glad that it was a good one--it was fun to see you last night :)
Happy Birthday!! A Little late ;) It sounds like it was a GREAT one! :)
Gosh I miss you! Wish we could've been there to celebrate! I love you!
Post a Comment