We headed up to Yellowstone Nat'l Park next. I was so excited to practice my photography! I love the pics I got. We all packed into a suburban and drove around the loops to see the natural wonders. Here are some of the things that we saw...
Of course bison...and stupid people who get out of their cars, even though they SPECIFICALLY tell you to STAY IN YOUR CAR. People are sooo stupid sometimes. Maybe I am just freaked out about all those videos they showed us in middle school about people getting trampled by moose and gored by bison...
The (stinky) Hot Pots and a few Geysers...
And we had to have a photo shoot at every location! Hot models!
(Yow! Who's your dadday?!?)
I think they should put this picture in a brochure! Ha ha!
So happy to be outside!
This next hot pot is gorgeous! You can see the rainbow of colors coming off in the steam. I have never really noticed how pretty this one is!
(this is actually a pic from Carly's Camera, there are a few more, but I don't remember which ones.)
Old Faithful--Hannah had a hard time at Old Faithful, she was teething and was NOT wanting to eat anything. So she was grumpy and sleepy. (In turn, I was quite grumpy myself...) On the way back to the car after we watched the geyser, she was screaming, then suddenly stopped and zonked out! She was just exhausted...poor little thing!
We then took the drive around by Yellowstone Lake...that is kind of a long drive, but we all settled in for a little snooze in the car! Except me, I was hoping for some wildlife pics and... I got some awesome animals!!!
Go to get a pic of the Divide. Ok, ok so really you are supposed to get out and take a picture WITH the sign, but Hannah was sleeping and so was everyone else, we weren't about to stop. Oh well, next time!
We stopped at the Upper and Lower Yellowstone Falls, which was absolutely breathtaking, as always!
I don't know which is which between the Upper and Lower...sorry.
We stopped at Tower Falls and played in the gift shop and got ice cream...
Then headed on to Mammoth Falls. This was really cool. But...we ended up walking a VERY long walk up hill and up tons of stairs in the afternoon heat to see kind of some dead geysers and hot pools... It was a pretty view, but still... very anti-climatic. Then we found out that we could have driven to the top to get out and look! Oh well, I got my exercise! :)
I am sooo proud of my sun flare pic! Woohoo! I don't even know if this is a good sun flare or not, but I was just proud of myself for getting it!
We then headed back home...and Hannah fell asleep, but only until about Ashton, then she started screaming. She screamed and screamed and screamed and we were all about to go crazy. So, we stopped and got her out and she was STILL screaming. After screaming for about 10 minutes, she FINALLY did her "duty", we changed her and everything was fine after that. Poor thing was having a rough time with her bowels...what a way to travel--ugh! Anyway...after that, she fell back asleep and we all basked in the peace the rest of the way home!
We went to church with Cody and then we went to take some pictures at the Rexburg Temple.
Love ya baby!
On Monday we went to the Teton Flood Museum and it was very interesting. They even have a little Children's part that would be fun to take your kids on a boring summer day! Then, we went out to the Teton Dam to check out the "dam"age. Ha ha...I'm hilarious!
(How beautiful is Idaho?!?! So gorgeous. You may think that looks boring, but I love that you can see for miles! Ahh!)
(How beautiful is Idaho?!?! So gorgeous. You may think that looks boring, but I love that you can see for miles! Ahh!)
The next day we headed back to SLC and then HOME! I have to say...it was sooo fun being home and seeing everyone, but I was really excited to get back to Ohio after a month away from my beloved bed! And I think Hannah was EXHAUSTED from all the traveling and meeting new people and being in at least 5 different environments!
Here are a couple pictures of Hannah on the way home. She was okay on the flights back, she fussed a bit here and there, but we were able to keep it to a minimum. Yay!
Hannah and all her luggage...
Looking out on the world that she will someday conquer! I know, I'm so cheesy.
Looking out on the world that she will someday conquer! I know, I'm so cheesy.
We love going home to visit our families!
(And now, to catch up on some posts from the 4th of July, some swimming pics, Hannah at 9 months and MORE! Oy. I'm not a big fan of catch up. Although I do like Ketchup. :)
3 comments:
1- It looks like Gpa Petterson was very possessive of the stroller. He is pushing it in all of the pictures.
2 - WHAT IS that thing on her head in front of the temple?
3 - I also wanted to make a ketchup reference when I was doing a slew of photo catch up posts (which i need to do again, so maybe I'll fit it in)
you are so funny! I like Ketchup too! haha. Your pictures are seriously amazing. I wish I would have taken advantage of you while you were here for my family photos, and pictures of my kids! You are really good. what kind of camera do you have? email me! thanks! =) love the pictures and I love Hannah fuzzy little bow! the cutest!
WOW!!!! It looks like you guys had an AWESOME trip!! You really did see quite a bit of Yellowstone! That's awesome :) I LOVE the nature pics you got in Yellowstone! When I decorate my bsement I am going to have to get some of those prints from you!! They are sooooooo cool!! :)
Post a Comment