This Christmas we stayed in Ohio. We were lucky enough to have some friends invite us to their Christmas Eve dinner. We ate dinner, which was a delicious roast and yummy potatoes, gravy, rolls, etc. They shared a Christmas tradition of popping open Christmas poppers which held jokes, a crown, and a prize for each person. It was fun, I have never done that before. After dinner they let us share our tradition of reading "Poochy the Christmas Pup". We then talked and watched the classic The Little Drummer Boy.
That night we went home and finished putting together the presents for Hannah and each other. It was fun playing Santa, even though we know Hannah would never know the difference!
Hannah woke up Christmas morning to find a Bumbo! It was everything she ever wanted! :)
Thank you Santa!
Connel and I already got what we wanted this Christmas!
We were planning on going to a friends house, but when we heard the sad news that someone was ill, we decided to lay low and stay home. They were so nice and brought us dinner! We have been so blessed to have such caring friends!
Later that night we went to the home of some people in the ward and helped make Ravioli Dinner. It is a tradition that their family has had for years and they let us join in. They were kind enough to take a family picture...because I forgot my camera! :( I'll have to get it and post it one of these days.
It was a great Christmas filled with new traditions. We missed our family, but we were glad to have Hannah to help make our little Christmas fill complete.
It was nice to have a baby in the house to remind us of one little baby boy born long ago...we were reminded of the true meaning of Christmas and we are grateful for that.


5 comments:
I'm so glad you had a relaxing but fun Christmas. I love the picture of Hannah under the Christmas tree. That would've been such a cute Christmas card.
What a fun Christmas!! It's fun to hear of everyone else's traditions for the Holidays. My aunt is from England and they do "poppers" over there, so we had them one year. It's kind of a fun thing to get to do before you eat your meal :) Oh and I LOVE the picture of Hannah by the tree with bow on her bum! WAY CUTE!!!! :)
We were so happy to have you guys over on Christmas Eve :) And Hannah is definitely the best present EVER! I love that the bow is almost bigger than she is :)
her pjs are so cute especially with that big red bow on her
I LOVE your Christmas "present".
I thought the same thing about having Molly so small this time of year. It is easier to think of Christ with a baby around.
Post a Comment