Thursday, July 9, 2009

independence day 2009.




On the 4th we had a great day! I woke up at 5:30 AM to a HUGE CLAP of THUNDER! It scared me awake and I couldn't go back to sleep. It was okay though because the Branch breakfast was at 8 AM! So we got ready and drove to church in the POURING rain. After the FANTASTIC breakfast, I took a nice nap. When I woke up we went to lunch and saw "The Proposal" with our friends the Taylors. Later that night we went to the Stevenson's for a BBQ and Fireworks. It was fun! We started eating outside, but then it started to rain, so we all quickly went inside. Even though it was rainy, we weren't without many good eats and great treats! David is a concert pianist and way awesome at playing piano (you should hear him play the primary songs! sOO cool!) We listened to him play and just talked until it turned dark and was time for the fireworks. Despite the on-and-off rain, we are very grateful to Eric and the Stevenson men for putting on such a great show! Never in the west would you see a homemade fireworks show like this...because it's illegal there! However, my favorite remained the little volcano cone firework!

Hope you all had a happy 4th and thanks to the Stevenson's for hosting a great party!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

congrats on the girl news! Tess and Meg with have a fun cousin to hang out with. Girls are fun!