So. We marched. It was a great experience! Before the March they had a few people tell some of their experiences. One statistic that was given was that every day in Missouri, 11 children die under the age of 1. After this was mentioned, they then let 11 butterflies free in honor of the children who pass away from complications from premature birth and birth defects. I was in tears! It was actually kind of an emotional day for me as I looked around at SO MANY people who had been affected by a child or loved one born way to early, or that had passed away.
It made me realize once again what a miracle this little girl is!!

It was a wonderful experience to walk in her honor.

It was fun to be a part of such something I knew personally was making a difference for babies and their families.

Thanks again for all those who donated to this cause! Your kindness and generosity supports more families than you know.

------
After the walk, we decided we weren't quite done stretching our legs, and took a paddle boat ride in Forest Park.



We had a great view of the World's Fair Pavilion.

We even paddled under a willow tree. "Sha-la-la-la-la-la don't be shy..."

And later that evening we treated ourselves (and our very tired legs) to a party at the Thai House---mmmm!

I have some pics of the fun we had last weekend, but I can't find my other memory card! I'll post them when I find it...
Have a great day (I am... I don't have to work until 2 PM today!)
It made me realize once again what a miracle this little girl is!!

It was a wonderful experience to walk in her honor.
It was fun to be a part of such something I knew personally was making a difference for babies and their families.
Thanks again for all those who donated to this cause! Your kindness and generosity supports more families than you know.
------
After the walk, we decided we weren't quite done stretching our legs, and took a paddle boat ride in Forest Park.
We had a great view of the World's Fair Pavilion.
We even paddled under a willow tree. "Sha-la-la-la-la-la don't be shy..."
And later that evening we treated ourselves (and our very tired legs) to a party at the Thai House---mmmm!
I have some pics of the fun we had last weekend, but I can't find my other memory card! I'll post them when I find it...
Have a great day (I am... I don't have to work until 2 PM today!)
6 comments:
Yeah! That looks like an EXCELLENT day! Mmmmm....Thai food.
Thanks for marching for us! At church on Sunday we ended up singing the song "How Great Thou Art" which is the song they happened to sing the Sunday after Tessa was born. I stood there crying as my goofy little two year old wiggled and wiggled between Daddy and I and couldn't believe I was still pregnant with #2. Both are definitely miracles!! Thanks again!
You guys are awesome!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Thai food!
Also - you are gorgeous. You and Connel make a very handsome couple!
You are awesome Laura! Way to go!
What an amazing experience. You and your Hubs are the cutest. I love all of the cute things you guys do.
It looks like you had a lot of fun! You look super thin in your paddle boat picture!! Have you been working out??!!
Post a Comment