Many of you have offered such sweet and comforting comments when I posted about my infertility. Let me tell you, I was really scared. Why was I scared?
I guess it's just scary to spill your guts.
I guess it's just scary to spill your guts.
I know that those who read my blog are family and friends that I love and can trust. So why was I kind of scared that someone might leave a well-meant comment that would hurt my feelings or something? I don't know.
I was so worried about my own feelings, maybe I didn't think about yours...
I know that a lot of my family and friends are expecting or have new little babies and I want to clarify something...
I am truly, genuinely, HAPPY for other people that are pregnant and having babies.
Conceiving is a happy thing and so when I have a friend tell me the good news that they are expecting, or when a good friend lets me hold their newborn baby. I am truly happy for them! I love you. I love your babies! (but only the real ones... I actually agree that the floating ones on the blog sidebars are kind of creepy). I am excited for you! I will make you dinner when you get home from the hospital. I will babysit your kids. I will feel joy at the birth of your new baby... I am seriously happy for you and your growing families!
When I look a little deeper I realize that...
the hurt doesn't come because everyone else is having babies...
The hurt is because I am NOT having babies...
That is something that I have to deal with, I really don't think that everyone else should have to deal with MY infertility when they are around me.
I don't ever want people I know to feel the need to "walk on eggshells" around me. I don't want my friends and family having to worry about every little thing you say when they are talking to me, afraid that I might get offended...please please know that even if you think you have said something that may have offended me in any way...I may or may not have been offended. If I wasn't offended... Yeah! If I DID get offended...I have forgiven you. :) I still love you... I for one, definitely have said things I have said that I regret or that I realized later may have offended someone as well! Some people have a way with words, some people just...don't. And that's that...We are all human.
Elder Bednar has some great advice about this subject. I try to take it into account when I am feeling offended. (well, most of the time)
Ok, that is all I have to say about that.
However...
...since we are on the subject of offense... I hope that all you lovely little "Twilighters" don't get offended from my silly comments about the Twilight books. It's just that I find all of the "vampire gossip" kind of funny. My curious nature prompts me to WANT to read them, but the reality is, what if I DO read them and I end up LIKING them! Or even worse, LOVING EDWARD!

6 comments:
hey! sorry if my comment came across as offensive-i was totally kidding! it's just that sometimes real life can get kinda boring and you need a little fanatsy to get you through the day. am i right?!? :)
Taunya, totally right!
I totally agree with you Laura! I don't want people to feel on edge around me because of infertility either. I am totally happy for other people and their adorable babies! I completely agree!!!
I love harry potter. :) Oh and if you ever need to talk about babies or pcos or ANYTHING, call or email me! I love you!
hey laura! We love you so very much. we hope to see you and connel soon. by the way, I looked and searched until a found a cute baby ticker that didn't have a floating fetus. I hope it makes my blog more comfortable for everyone! =) talk to you soon!
richard and ashley and parker skifton
you are amazing. that's all i'm going to say. ....
THAT AND...
i hope we can see you guys soon!
Post a Comment