Monday, February 16, 2009

vday 2009.

The night of Valentine's, we were busy helping put together a stake Couples Conference and Dance and so *we didn't plan anything big for that day.

However, the night before, Connel surprised me with a rose and took me out to a place called "The Glass Olive" We had to dress up and everything! It was really fun! The place had a band and a place for dancing! We ate and ordered some virgin drinks.

Then we listened to the band and watched people dance...which was fairly entertaining! (watch the old guy in the middle..I was laughing so hard!) yes, I know, at the expense of someone else, but hey, I'm pretty sure he was drunk...



Then, Connel asked me to dance! I was a little embarrased, but I had never done anything like that before and it was very fun!

A Toast to my Valentine!

Then on Vday, Connel made me breakfast...

...then took me shopping and got me THESE LOVELIES...


...and a necklace to match. I wore it to the Valentine's dance at the church with a black outfit! It was so fun to wear...I felt hott, but the shoes kind of started to hurt and I took them off a lot! hee hee. It's okay though...I have always wanted a pair if RED HIGH HEELS!!!

Later, we helped out with the Couples Conference and Dance for our Stake. It was soo awesome, the speakers were great, the food was wonderful and the dance was really fun! Here we are at the dance.
No red high heels for these moves, I might break an ankle!

Kim and I


This is for Kim. :)

The Stake President and his wife...cuttin' a rug.

Cute Decor.


Then, that night I sent Connel to Home Depot for a bit while I set up this to surprise him...


...*Connel has been missing Camping and the outdoors A LOT lately and so I decided to go camping in our living room!!! It was a blast, don't you just love the campfire?!? I put a flashing light under it to make the fire seem more "real" and I put on the video of him and his riding buddies in Moab 2006. He LOVED it!

Earlier in the week I made him this...

...and this.

I love you Valentine!!!

11 comments:

Ben Amber Andrew Nicolas said...

How cute! Laura you are so creative!! I bet you had lots of fun!! Love the shoes!!

kim said...

I love it! thanks for the pictures of us (even though I still had my apron on! What a cute post. You are so fun!!!

Tanya said...

Cute shoes!!! dancing in bare feet is fun...we did that at like every dance didn't we?? or socks =) haha! camping in the living room how creative (and romantic) I would have never thought of something like that, and if I did, we'd have a 3 year old in with us thinking it was all a fun game :) sounds like you guys had a super fun day!!

Brooks said...

Hot shoes and what a lot of Love Day fun!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

love the red shoes...you guys are so creative for V-Day...

Ashley said...

You are so creative...very impressive! I love the shoes! We went to a stake dance too and we both decided we need to take some dance classes before we go dancing again!

Heidi said...

How cute!! I am so glad you had such a romantic Valentine's Day. Oh and hey, is that Kim Potter in the picture with you?

C.B. said...

I adore those shoes Laura. You guys are the cutest couple. I love dressing up for dates!

ricksrexburg said...

You are a true romantic. The camping set up was way cool. I love the shoes and the Valentine's dance looked fun. The old guy dancing made me lol

Luke and Katie said...

you are awesome! I love the shoes and the campout--you are so creative!! (BTW, if you still lived here, he would've been camping out 2 weekends ago!) Miss you guys!

I'm Amy. Or Melynne. Whatever. said...

Holy hot shoes! Love 'em!