Tuesday, January 27, 2009

sushi.

This past Saturday Night, it was my friend Kim's birthday and they invited us out for Sushi! This was my first time ever eating sushi and so I was a little nervous, but excited to try it out...

You have to stick the ENTIRE piece in your mouth in order to get the FULL FLAVOR. It was a little embarrasing! However, it was pretty good (I was a little nervous about the seaweed part, but I could hardly taste it.)




Here is Connel eating the sushi, this one actually had RAW FISH (the red stuff on top)! (Oh...you mean you actually thought that I ate RAW FISH on that last one?!?! Are you crazy?? They tried and tried to get me to eat it and eventually I ate a peice of this one, but I took the raw fish off first! :) Picky? Maybe... However, I still did not eat the raw part...

It was really fun and a new experience--can't wait to try more! (as long as it's cooked-tee hee!)

Happy Birthday Kim!!!


After sushi, we were going to go bowling, but then when we got to the Alley, it was packed FULL of people, so we settled for an awesome game of Air Hockey and a few other fun arcade games!
Thanks for the fun night guys!!!
___

Today schools were closed because of the big snow storm that came through. If you ask me it was not that big, but I'm not complaining because I got to stay home from work! So I took the opportunity to do a little SPRING cleaning! I organized all my messy closets, cupboards and drawers. It feels good and my house seems like it is starting to become a little bit organized! Now, if I could just get that office tackled---I have been working on it for weeks. Connel and I have been taking 15 minutes each night (thanks, FLYLADY!) to do a clutter clean-up in there, and it finally seems to be making a small dent! yeah!

At least it's not as messy as this guy's office!!!
Photo: Vancouver Sun 2008



And just because it's a snow day and you (or I) may have a little extra time...give this cute little site a try!

Happy snow day!

9 comments:

Ben Amber Andrew Nicolas said...

I have never had sushi! I'm a chicken to try it too! I'll eat shrimp and all that but the thought of eating raw fish really grosses me out! So where do you work? I guess I must have missed that...I'm excited to hear all about it!!!

Luke and Katie said...

I am SO anti-sushi, but I'm proud of you for trying it (cooked or not!) since I won't even touch seafood! Bleh!

Ashley said...

You are my hero for eating sushi :) I don't ever want to try it! Happy day off work!

Hanna in the House... said...

Yummy, I love sushi. I could eat it every day. That picture of the guy in the pile of junk made me cringe, and made me want to re-clean my house, yuck!

C.B. said...

sushi is amazing. I tried it for the first time a few weeks ago. We tried one that they lit on fire. I am for sure going to eat it again. Yum.

Tanya said...

I've had sushi before, but I'm with you about having to have it cooked! we had a snow day to, not that it really mattered to me, cause I don't have any kids in school yet and I don't work, it didn't really snow, but it was -10 degrees out! or even colder, I don't know exactly but it was freezing!!!!!!! Hope you get that office cleaned, then you can come clean my house, I clean and clean and clean but somehow nothing happens...maybe if I got the kids out of it for awhile (all 3) :) it would look like I did something. Miss ya tons, give me a call sometime!

Amy said...

Looks like you had a fun night out! I do not eat fish. Chad likes it but not me. You are so cute with your little snowflake site! I love it! We got a ton of snow the other day too. The schools were closed because it was like -22 or something like that. yuck.

Jamie said...

I love sushi, althought I rarely get rolls and just stick to raw fish on rice. Isn't tempura good too?? Merril went to Japan on his mission so we eat our fair share of sushi.

ricksrexburg said...

You are brave! I haven't been able to try sushi, because it scares me. Especially raw fish!! I love your blog, very cute and I love the front pic of you and Connel.