Tuesday, November 18, 2008

an adventure with osage trees.

Sunday afternoon we went on a drive to check out some Scout camp sites. While we were out we saw some interesting sights.

Some Deer, actually about a dozen of them were out in a meadow chewing on the grass. We drove by and they all stood frozen and looked at us, I tried to get closer to get a good pic, but they ran away. Here is a picture of all of their beady little eyes looking at us. (the little white dots are their eyes.)


We also found this extraterrestrial fruit. Connel broke one open to see if it was edible, it smelled citrus-ey but we didn't dare eat it! It is called an Osage Orange. Pretty interesting little piece of fruit if you ask me!



The sunset, well, actually mostly the way the clouds were flowing into the sunset was just BEAUTIFUL!

I am getting ready to set up my Christmas Decor this week! Yeah! I know, I know it's not even Thanksgiving yet. It's either the fact that I am really bored of my Harvest Decor, or that I am just too excited for Christmas! I think it's the latter!

Well, have a happy day!

6 comments:

C.B. said...

That is some funky fruit!

Mandy said...

We have an Osage Orange tree in our backyard. Pretty funny looking orange right. Their a pain in the butt to have to pick up all the time so I can mow the lawn. Let me know if you find any creative things to do with them. :)

Beautiful sunset.

Ashley said...

I love the picture of the sunset.

Tanya said...

that picture of the deer eye's reminds me of cartoons when it's dark and you can only see their eyes, that's crazy. And the sunset is really cool, i love sunsets!!

Penny said...

You two have the most amazing exepriences! My life seems so boring! I need to take some lessons from you two! Love you!

Calise said...

That is the weirdest fruit I have ever seen! And those deer eyes- creepy! :)