Hannah turned 2 on November 4th, 2011! Connel and I were up late preparing for her big day. We blew up balloon and filled her room with them the next morning before she woke up. Actually, Connel blew most of them up while I finished working on the cute halfway-homemade bunting I made for the big day. (I used a pre-made bunting from target and added felt letters spelling Happy Birthday...the best part is that I can use them for she and I every year. I got another "boy" one to use for the man in our life.) I also made Mickey Mouse Oreo cupcakes that turned out really fantastic (sarcasm). Hannah liked them though and that's all that mattered! ;) The frosting was all over the place, but they were really yummy!
| She was mad that we tried to get her to put the balloons down to go check out her present in the livingroom...so we just pushed them all downstairs with us! |
| Trying to show us two with her fingers. |
| Reading "Birthday Monsters" |
We took her to Barnes and Noble for the storytime there, it was supposed to be "Little Critter" and have a Little Critter puppet visit and everything, but it turned out to be a normal week about trucks. Boo. She got a little bored , but then had fun coloring when the storytime was over.
Then we went to get a free cupcake for her birthday as part of their kids club deal.
We went to eat at McDonalds but the playplace was SUPER crowded so we decided to head over to a place called Artist for a Day. It's a place to paint ceramics and get them fired...so we decided to make a keepsake of her handprint at age TWO! We let her go to town with the paints we picked to go on the plate and then did a handprint at the end.
After her nap we took her on a ride on her new tricycle! It looks really cold but it wasn't too bad.
Then we played in the balloon and ate Peanut Butter and Honey Sandwiches (her fave) and opened presents, looked at cards (she loves cards) and ate cupcakes.... Oops! We FORGOT candles and to sing Happy Birthday. What kind of family are we?
But we did try to take a family picture...the keyword is...TRY. Here is how it actually went down...
(get back here kid)
Yay! a decent one with my plastered on smile.
But then...
Oh little sunshine...we love you, you make us the happiest in the world! Happy Birthday!
1 comment:
What a fun birthday!! I think it is so neat how you and Connell make the whole day special for Hannah! :)
Post a Comment