Tuesday, November 1, 2011

september 2011 {the rest of it}.

The rest of September had plenty of events for us to capture!  The Sunday night after we got back form California, we decided to make Tortillas together as a family.  While we were frying the tortillas, Hannah reached for the tortilla and touched the side of the cast iron frying pan with her wrist.  I thought the blister was on her hand so I was holding her wrist...right on the burn and so when I lifted my thumb and saw that I had pulled the blisters off with my thumb I felt sooooo sad.  Thankfully we knew someone who's baby had been burned before (pretty bad) and so we called them and they gave us advice on taking care of it.  (Thanks Davenports!)

We just continually put neosporin on the open blisters 2x a day and bandaged it so she wouldn't play with it.  We washed it each night with soap and water.  The doctor said a burn unit nurse couldn't have done better!  It made me feel so much better to hear that!  He also crossed himself and said his Hail Mary's and then told me "NO MORE GUILT!...(I seriously go to that doctor for sheer entertainment).


We had fun taking pictures, up until the burning incident... and after things calmed down, Hannah still wanted to eat the tortillas and loved them!






The reason for the burn (she was actually standing on a chair when she reached in an got burned)... but still...Bad Mother moment...at least I feel that way!

I can't look at this and not think about her poor baby skin!  So fragile and soft...now ruined!

Still enjoying a tortilla afterwards...check out the bandage on her right arm...

Cringe...I know.  This was a few days later, after some healing.. I took her to the doctor because it just looked so bad!  It is all better now with just a scar...but still, sad!

Just another FHE at the beach.  We do that a lot! :)



Love this pic!








Just a random picture of Hannah talking to her doll.

Cute Elmo bum!

This is a view that I have imprinted in my memory...but I will never see again...boo hoo!...we put Hannah in a BIG GIRL BED!


Cuddling with her pink and white blankies in her crib.

Loved seeing her smiling face whenever I would come up the stairs to get her!

We told her to kiss her crib goodbye!  So she did!

Excited about the new bed!

She fell out a couple times and so we had to put a suitcase by the edge until we got a safety rail.  It worked well, althought it did look pretty ghetto fab.  She now has a safety rail though.  She still stays there after she wakes up, until I come to get her.  However, before she goes to sleep is a different story, she is starting to realize that she can get out and get toys and stuffed animals to bring to bed with her.  Naptime is a challenge people.

Helping with the yard work.

this girl is seriously wearing those necklaces all over the place.

On the last official day of summer we decided to have a little hot dog roast at the park...we met Daddy there after work and had a fun time playing, eating and making s'mores for the last time of the summer!  YUM!


This girl is a daredevil I tell you.




It's root beer.

Chowing on a hot dog with Daddy!


It doesn't look like anything is roasting the marshmallows, but I promise there are hot coals in there! :)

Found the cookies...

but loved the marshmallows!

So I saw this on a blog I read and decided to do it too, Hannah had fun with it!

On a walk!

A night at the nature center...just takin a walk!
Practicing her balance. :)


We got to go to the zoo with our friends, Brinkley Caelen and Kimi.  It was a little rainy that day but it seems like the animals are more active on rainy days!  So we don't mind!  Umbrellas are great.
Looking at the naked(gasp!) mole rats!
Cute kids looking at some animal I can't remember the name of.
B and C playing in the mist...they probably could have just walked in the rain and had the same results, but it was fun nonetheless!

A pic with the monkey.



Just some random pics of us playing and making dinner!  





 Hannah is a little mess maker!  And there is no shame from her when she does, here is a little mess she made with a crayon.

 


Hannah's hair was just getting to be to much for me.  What I mean is that the mullet hair was just getting out of hand...

So, our friend Jocelyn came over and gave her a cute little cut!  Yay!  It looks so great!  Thanks Jocelyn!


Some of the baby hair....WAAAAAAAA!

Getting styled!

 The final result...too cute!






Daddy gave Mommy some flowers...aw.  So we made some art with the petals!



 We made another trip to the Nature Center...



Taking a look at a vulture!


October 2010-Smallmouth Bass
September 2011 - Walleye

These pics were taken about 1 year apart...Look how she's grown from last year!  I can't believe that she is almost 2...