Monday, July 18, 2011

lavender farm.

A couple Saturday's ago we drove about an hour away, took way to many wrong turns, and finally arrived at a lavender farm in Streetsboro.  We started picking our own lavender and taking some photos.   Due to the heat, poor Hannah was not being very cooperative, and we were bribing her with fruit snacks so she would be happy in the pictures!  Hee hee!

It was a super hot afternoon and we were all sweating, so we picked a handful of lavender and started looking for shade!  As we walked around the farm, and entered the beautiful grounds and forest area, I was able to capture some great moments and snap a sweet family picture!

There was a nice little area to reflect and meditate, beautiful trails and a large pond in the middle of the grounds.  By the lavender fields, we met a cute and friendly lady who let Hannah help her with her painting!  Later on we met her again and were able to see her final creation!  Hannah liked chasing the chickens, but the most fun was swinging on the tire swing!  I have to give my hubby credit for the pictures of Hannah and I on the tire swing, he's a natural!  It was a nice day out with my family!

If you ever get the chance take an afternoon and go pick yourself some lavender, you can use it for tons of things, even cooking!  We are going to be looking for some more U-pick farms in the future.  I'm thinking berries.  Or maybe this fall we will go pick apples or peaches ...or pumpkins!























"woof, woof!" she says (everytime she sees a dog!)











5 comments:

Trapper and Suzy said...

Where the heck is this place!? I want to go!! That looked like so much fun and the pictures are SOOOO cute. Seriously, they're great.

rebecca said...

I can smell the lavender right now. great pics!

Monk's said...

What a sweet little family! Hannah is adorable. Looks like tons of fun. thanks for sharing.

Josh and Krystal said...

Cute pictures! I love the ones on the swing :) Hope you guys are doing well.

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Adorable, beautiful pictures!