Friday, January 28, 2011

christmas trip to UT/OR/ID.

I think it's time I update the blog wouldn't you say???  From the 15th of Dec to the 11th of January we have been in Oregon and Idaho visiting our families for the holidays!  There will be lots of pictures on this post as I am going to try and sum up all our holiday activities into one post.  So get ready!

Each year we make fudge and take it to friends and neighbors.  It is one of our favorite traditions!  This year Connel and I made it, then we all went to deliver it as a family!

MMMmmmmmm......


Connel and I decided to exchange gifts before we left for our trip.  I gave him a much needed new folder for church/work (sounds a little boring but it was on his list!) and he gave me a coat (that I picked out and bought, then he wrapped it!  Ha ha!)



On the 15th we headed out to Utah.

My big little girl!  She was a pretty good flyer.




We flew to Salt Lake and saw Connel's sister for dinner, then we met up with our friends Josh and Shalona for a day to catch up and hang out with some of the people who made it possible for Connel and I to be together!  We had a great time hanging out and venturing around temple square and downtown SLC for a while.  It's fantastic to see how our families have grown in just the past few years from Newlyweds to this!  We love you guys!


Eating homemade Chinese food...it's now a tradition!


Connel and Austin exhausted on the couch!  (I don't blame Austin..poor little thing!)
Riding the train to Temple Square!
Back: Shalona, Josh, Connel, Laura.  Front: Austin, Kayson, Gavin (J and S), Hannah (C and L)


The sweetest girl!




December 2010

So happy to be walking!



Even happier to be eating!


On Friday we met up with Carly and Brett for breakfast at a place called Jeremiah's.  They had the BIGGEST pancakes I have ever seen!  Then Carly, Connel, Hannah and I all headed to Oregon!  While we were in Oregon for a few days we went to a Ward Party, visited our friends and family, and Hannah donned her Christmas Dress at church on Sunday!

Sunrise in Nyssa.


Hannah Mae and Makenna May (Hannah is doing her "I'm a stinker" face).




Not interested...

But she did like her bag of candy! :)



Christmas Dress! (before it got ruined..Hannah stepped on it as she went up the stairs at church and the front ribbon ripped off!  Sad!

The next week we headed up to McCall, beautiful McCall with the Pettersons!  We decided to spend Christmas at a little condo there and it turned out really great!  We had plenty of planned (and unplanned.) activities that kept us busy.  We went sledding (which corresponded with one of the unplanned activities that I won't mention because my husband would not be happy!).  We went snowmobiling, we lounged around and watched movies, we celebrated Christmas, and we took some family pictures!  It was a full but very fun week.  However the only thing that was sad was that Hannah had a really bad cold and so her week was not quite as fun as the rest of ours!  It was nice to spend a simple Christmas away from all the hustle and bustle! and just enjoy "how beautiful it was this time of year...all that snow....brrrrrr....the snow covered slopes, the skiing...the christianas, and the stemming and the plotsing and the shooshing...hot buttered rum, light on the butter...snooooow!"---White Christmas, you know!?!?

Helping Grandma with the sweeping!

Hanging out at the clubhouse with Grandpa.

Raquetball!  Watch out...I'm a beast.

Here I am learning from the "Pro".

Playing with Dad!

I think Connel had more fun with Carly...mostly because she could actually hit the ball!

bring it!

Chillin'

Me, Connel, and Carly ready to go sledding!

umm...your going up, not down...don't get too excited...


At the top..ready to roll.

Carly...watch out for the bump at the top!

Bad baby Bad.

Bring it!  Ha ha ha!

Cody acting cool.

Cody being cool.

Connel being cool.

Ready to head out on the trail!

And me...I AM cool!

At the top of "fog hill"

Trying to stay warm!

It's too cold up here!!!

Connel and I

Carly!

Getting ready to head out for family pics! 


Carly, Cody, Cathy, Connel (Sr.), Hannah, Connel Ray, Laura

Our family on Christmas Eve!

Connel Ray, Laura, Cody, Carly

Searching through Santa's bag for her Christmas loot!


Hannah Mae, Christmas Eve 2010!

Reading a Nativity Storybook before bed.

Everybody joining in!

Our Christmas Eve Fiesta (bringing out "our Mexicanity"---haha---you had to be there)!

Everybody (sans Hannah--she was already in bed) at Christmas Eve Dinner.

It was so fun to watch Hannah see what Santa brought her (a baby doll that can go in the bathtub and some bubble bath)!  She loves all her gifts!

Kisses!

What else did he bring me?


A puppy in my stocking!  just like Poochy the Pup! "Gah!" (Hannah's word for dog)

Breakfast.


Grandma with her gift!
Grandpa with his gift!

All the kids! Merry Christmas!






The day after Christmas, we headed out to Idaho Falls.  Hannah had been fine that morning, but earlier in the week had had a couple incidents that she threw up because of all the mucus in her throat that she couldn't get out.  On the way to Boise, Hannah had a little coughing fit and threw up the entire banana I fed her that morning!  Then we decided to go to McDonalds to get something to eat and there was a playplace there.  She ate an entire serving of chicken nuggets and some fries and a drink.  She played a bit more but got so excited that she was breathing to hard and coughed and threw up AGAIN!!  After getting lost in downtown Boise, we ended up finally getting on the way to IF again and met my Dad in Burley where we said goodbye to Carly.

It was fun to be with the Connell (my) family because all of us were there!  The best part was seeing all the little cousins together playing!  We have a really big family now!  We had lots of fun bowling on Greg's birthday, going out to Mongolian, exchanging and opening some gifts, seeing old friends, watching movies (and you-tube videos!  Haha!), playing games, Ringing in the New Year, and just making a big mess of Grandma and Grandpa's house! 



A purse so she can be "just" like Mommy!

New slippers...she LOVES them!  She picks them out of her shoe basket and wants me to put them on her!

Alicia opening our gift to her.

Who's this cutie?

Going out to lunch with the Penny and Devon.  I finally got a picture of us!!!

The goods purchased while shopping with the girls!!!  Yes, JUST the girls--no kids.

Ele-fun!  What a cute game!


Tessa and Charlotte bowling with the help of Grandma.

Will it be a strike???

Double whammy!  My Mom and Dad bowling "together!"  how sweet!

Charlotte bowling.

Daddy helping Hannah bowl.  She thought it was the greatest.  I wonder what Charlie is saying to her right here?

How can you not love this?

It looks like Greg's fingers are holding Gage's foot!

Tessa and Uncle Aaron

Aunt Emily and Meggie---she looks upset about something.

Aunt Alicia trying to hold Hannah.

Greg and Tamara (and Bailey).  Aw.  :)

grandma helping Meg bowl.

This is a great picture!

In-laws.

Cute girls!

Spare!

I think this game was a hit!  Gotta love all the Cute Disney Jammies!


Matching Jammers!  Cute kidders!

I just explode every time I see this picture!

Greg opening a birthday gift...you are soooo oooollld!

Watching movies.

Hanging out with Brooke and Steve and their little ones, Emile and Camden!

All the cousins!  Hannah, Gage, Tessa, Meg, Charlotte

this is the best.  Our family for sure.

"Hannah, you sit here."






New years dinner.

Stories with Uncle Aaron.

Loves from Aunt Leesha!

HAPPY (early) NEW YEAR!  (it's 8:22 pm!)

Yay!

Kids on parade!

Cheers!  To Emily...

...for giving us the best laugh I've had in a long time!  Hee hee!

How can you not love these people?

Either Connel is a drinkard or he's really over tired!

MONGOLIAN!  Nobody looks very enthused!  Hee hee!  Maybe it's all the picture taking???  OMGosh! Alicia!  Haha!

Practicing eating with chopsticks!

Classic.

Connell Family:    Back row: Laura, Connel, Hannah, Greg, Janet, Blake, Tessa, Aaron, Emily, Meg, Eric, Alicia.    Front row: Charlotte, Gage

Horsey ride!

Jana, Tanya, Laura (and Hannah)  So tell me--why we did not do the Charlie's Angels pose here ladies?  What were we thinking? Ha!

Elmo's World!  Gotta love that Mr. Noodle! :P

BYU-I Roomies from my Freshman Year.  Julie, Malory, Jana, Laura  (missing Michele and Anna)  Kiddos Left to right: Kaden (Julie), Lyndee and Colter (Jana) and Hannah (Laura)

Making a mess of Grandma's kitchen.
check out that hair!!!

Saying goodbye at the airport.
We had such a great time and we already miss everyone!  We hope to see you again sometime really soon, we LOVE you!

HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!


4 comments:

Tanya said...

looks like it was loads of fun. You need to come back already! I forgot about the Charlies Angel pose. hahaha next time for sure!!!

Kimi said...

Hooray for an uber long post! We're glad to have you back :) Awesome pictures, as always. I'm glad you had such a fun time!

Sweet Em said...

This is probably the first picture of a nipple to debut it your blog.

And I promise not to link to this post until I post my own picture...{pinkie swear}

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Looks like a fun trip! I've had Christmases where I've bought my presents too. Mike has gotten better, but I still have to do my own stocking =D
Love Hannah's Christmas dress - too cute!