Sunday, July 11, 2010

idaho trip june 2010 {airplanes, parks and friends}.

Well, the trip started off with Hannah's first airplane ride!  I didn't even take a picture, aren't you totally surprised?  Well, there is good reason...I was flying across the country with a baby for my first time and I was a little nervous to say the least.  I pretty much packed EVERYTHING she owned into my backpack...which is a LARGE hiking pack...

...it was a little much.

I took so much stuff that I did not need!  It was kind of funny actually, because I was going through the airport with a backpack on the back and pushing Hannah in the stroller.  The backpack was REALLY HEAVY and REALLY HUGE!  Which ended up not working so well and I decided to put the backpack in the stroller and carry Hannah in the Bjorn.  That worked better, even though it was really silly.  Can you just picture me?  Pushing a HUGE backpack and carrying a baby?  Oy.  It was so crazy.  Hannah was good though so I have no real complaints!  

But, here is a funny story.  I was pretty stressed out about flying right?  We were a little late getting started and I was at the airport about an hour before my flight.  I figured I'd have enough time to at least get to the gate by boarding.  As long as I didn't have any hold ups...

Well, Connel helped me with our two large suitcases at check in and then he sent us off through security.  I took the laptop out, took my shoes off, put the EXTREMELY OVERSIZED PACK on the conveyer, along with the stroller.  Carrying Hannah through the security beeper thing, I realized that Hannah had indeed pooped!  I could smell it and I'm sure the security guy could as well...since he waved me quickly through the metal scanner.  hee hee. :)

Oh, did I mention?
Hannah had been constipated for about 3 days.
Yeah, as I prayed that I would have enough time to change her diaper and make it to my gate (southwests gates are always at the END of the terminal!)  by the time they started letting families with children on, I also prayed that it was not a blow-out.

But, I had prayed in vain.

For when I got to the bathroom, which thankfully was not crowded, I opened her daiper and realized I was going to need some extra clothes.  So, I had to rummage through that HUGE PACK with one hand while holding a bare butt baby in my other arm. Not so few wipes, clean diaper, new clothing and a screaming child later, I was DONE!  Whew!

I made it to the gate just a few minutes before they boarded families.  Thankfully that was my only hiccup and Hannah was a fairly good flyer.  She whined a couple times when I was trying to get her to go to sleep and on the second flight to SLC she kept waking up (she was SOOO TIRED!) and wanting to look at the girls laptop right next to us.  But all in all she was a good flyer!  YEAH!

Oh, and I did NOT need that HUGE bag of stuff.  Oh well. ;)  Just take it from me.  Pack light, but bring the essentials...ESSENTIALS I say!

 On to the pictures...

 Hannah and I went 2 weeks ahead of Daddy and spent time with my family.  We had fun!

We mostly hung out at home (exactly what I wanted to do!!!) and Hannah got be snuggled by family members who she hadn't ever met.

w/ Uncle Eric

w/ Aunt Alicia

w/ Grandpa

getting tickled!

who is this guy?

...and of course get more snuggles from those she had met!

storytime with Grandma!

peek a boo!

w/ Grandma



We got to play with cousins.
Charlotte, Hannah, Gage

Charlotte and Hannah

Watchin' "D-d-d-d-d DORA"!

We love our Cousins (all of them)!

Gage and Grandpa watching CARS (which I think I watched at least 2 Dozen times! :P )

Cuddling before bedtime!

Gage--what a cute baby!!!

Gage and Charlotte practicing their dance.



We had fun at the park.









We got together with some old friends. (or met them for the first time in Hannah's case.)
Emily and Hannah
(Brooke: I ALWAYS for get to get you and me in a picture!  Why do I do that!?  Sad.)

Jana w/ Lyndee, Tanya, Me w/ Hannah

Colter and Jana

Tanya's kiddos!  Brayden and Chloe

...and we met Jana's new baby girl!

Brianna, Kasia (I think that's the spelling?), Hannah, Me, Kenna

Kasia and Hannah

...

We made funny faces with Charlotte!  ;)




My sister and I took some photos of my brother's kids for him.


(love this picture!  It's so typical Charlotte and Gage!)







...and we went to another park.


Hannah's first slide!

(and I look like the one who's scared!  Haha!)

Yay!

Charlotte and Alicia



Oh, and Tanya, see we bought puffs and she LOVES them! (see background)

7 comments:

Sweet Em said...

boo hoo hoo hoo hoo...

Looks like a ton of fun.

P.S. Funny that you, Tanya and Jana all have the same hair.

Tanya said...

haha yay!!! I knew she'd love em! and I bet she didn't even choke on them ;) haha we had so much fun! That picture of me looks horrible, by your next trip I WILL be rid of my baby fat! our hair is the same haha and we didn't even plan it, I remember in HS we'd show up in matching clothes somedays and people would say "did you plan that?" haha nope, we're just cool like that! Miss you guys! when's your next trip? =)

C.B. said...

Seeing you three, Laura, Tanya, and Jana (charlie's angels) makes me smile. And you all have some pretty darling kids too. :) Glad you had fun at home.

Taunya Spaulding said...

looks like a fun trip home! i'm so glad that hannah did good for you on the plane! :) what a good baby!

Brooke Monk said...

It was so good to see you! Can't wait to see you guys again, love you tons!

Luke and Katie said...

so glad that you had a great time! i will have to say that every.single.time. I see Hannah I want to smother her in kisses! She is so BEAUTIFUL and I really think that the betrothal to Mac will work out wonderfully! ;)

BTW, Luke is all about packing light...so this next trip will be very interesting!! :)

Sweet Em said...

P.S. Hilarious story about overpacking. I would think that would be a great talisman against poop (or throw up in my case) disasters, but I guess not. Next time remember - snacks, toys, change of clothes for each of you - thats it! I'm curious exactly what else was in the bag.