We bought a fish tank! We really wanted a dog, however, the place we live will only allow larger pets if someone is home with them the majority of the time. So, fish seemed like a fun alternative. We set up the tank a couple weeks ago, water and all, then 2 Monday's ago, we went to get our first 6 fish. The first two look like this:
They made it through the night and are still swimming around alive and kickin' or should I say flippin'?.The other ones we got looked like this:
So...remember the part in Finding Nemo, when Nemo puts the rock in the filter? ...Well...I had to fish 3 little neon tetras out of the filter the morning after we got them. Poor little guys.You are supposed to get more than one when you get a breed of fish, however this little guy was all alone in a tank with some HUGE fish and he just kept swimming around and kissing (or biting) all of the other fish. He looked a little overwhelmed and we was so cute, so I just HAD to get him. He is a loner in our tank to, but I can't find another one like him. It's okay because he schools with all the other fish, and they don't mind.
Then last week we got some of these:

and some of these:

I like having pets! And even though I love my little fishes, but I still can't wait to get a dog (yorkshire terrier) like this:

Awww. I would seriously put this dog in an outfit. And yes, I do mean doggie clothing...Like this...
8 comments:
I want either a yorkie or a beagle. So cute! Your fishies are pretty.
I love your pictures. I need your tricks to having a cooperative hubby.
I love that picture of the Yorkie! They are sooo cute! I want one. We are probably going to get a mini Shnauzer though. Maybe in about 6 months or so. Yorkie's dont get very big though, so why can't you have one? I love your fish though. Very cool :)
wow, I just used the word 'though' a lot. Oops
I've been waiting for these pictures! How fun! But, is the tank a lot of work? It looks pretty big! I can't wait for your kids ideas blog. I've been trying to think of fun preschool lessons and activities for my little kiddens and you are the perfect one to get ideas from. You're so creative! Love you lots and miss you tons!
I like the loner fish. He's sportin my favorite colors. Yellow and Red.
I have to admit dressing a dog in that outfit would be CUTE!
Happy fish tank though. It looks fantastic.
That's awesome! I love fish tanks! Have fun with your little fishies and I hope you can get a dog soon :) They are sooo fun! We love our St. Bernard, Dozer :)
I Love yorkies!! I totally want one but somebody says he doesn't want a dog...bummer, maybe when Brayden is a bit older I can get the kids to convince him =) have fun with your fishies!
Yorkies are adorable... but VERY expensive!!! my hubby doesn't want a rat dog like that... but I wouldn't mind one! :) (only because the always look like puppies!)
Good luck with your fishies!
Post a Comment