Tuesday, October 21, 2008

spiders.

(CAUTION: EMILY...Do not read while riding in a car...)

On Saturday Connel was cleaning out the garage and said, "Hey honey come here..." Well, this is what he wanted to show me...



I shrieked and almost started crying! It was SOOOOO HUGE!!! AAck! I have never seen a bigger spider! It was probably about 3 inches in diameter! Eww! We think it was a wolf spider, but it was black...maybe it was a baby tarantula?!? Sick either way. We just know that we killed it. I was skittish for the rest of the day.

Then, today I was walking to the mailbox (as you know, my mailbox adventures are quite interesting...) and I saw this...



(much larger in real life)

and this...




outside of my front door! Luckily the bug was dead, however it was still gross and weird looking. I told my self I would kill the spider when I got back and walked down the sidewalk just to see another little spider, on my sidewalk, so I stepped on it. (How I miss that little Boris, he could have eaten all those spiders and it would have just been part of the circle of life...now, I must kill to protect my territory.)


When I got back from the mailbox, I attempted to go kill the spider with a rolled up newsletter, but I was not courageous enough to get it with my hand so close to it. So, I went and grabbed the broom, and smashed it! Then I wrecked it's web.

I thought that my spider adventures would be over but I was once again thwarted by an evil little 1/2 incher. I pulled out a chair to check my to do list and almost sat on it! Nasty little thing, so I grabbed the RAID and sprayed it. But, I guess the RAID was just for flies and flying insects, because it was still alive and the little bugger stood up on it's back legs and raised it's front legs in the air to get me...luckily I still had my rolled up newspaper from before...



I am now sitting on my couch jumping at every little itch I get.

Question...Why would anyone ever want to have a SPIDER as a Halloween Decoration?!?!?

11 comments:

Kimi said...

Blechhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Spiders are disgusting and I hate them.

In regards to Halloween decorations - we were at Wal-Mart the other day, and they have these huge furry/sparkly spiders. I showed one to Brinkley, and what does he do? He hugs it. Hopefully he'll learn.

C.B. said...

That shiny black one is the MOST nasty out of all of them.

~ kietra ~ said...

It really looks like a wolf spider- they can be brown or black and they are very common in Missouri. Welcome to the midwest.. land of bugs!!! That is one thing that has amazed me about being here... all the different little bugs!!!

Terra said...

the number of spiders here is disgusting. We can not seem to rid our basement of them. The girls constantly run up to get a shoe or newspaper everytime we send them to the play room

Jamie said...

Yikes! That's quite the spider adventure! Hope it's over!!

Luke and Katie said...

Yes, that is something I forgot to warn you about!! WE HAD TONS of nasty HUGE spiders in Kansas...so go get those traps and put them EVERYWHERE! Also, that black spider is about the size of what Luke stepped on one night...and thousands of tiny little spiders came out from under it! YUCK! I'm throwing up a little right now remember it!

Tanya said...

Thanks alot now I'm going to have nightmares of bugs crawling in my bed tonight,(I had many of those in Alabama, mainly from the cockroaches) YUCK!!! bugs in the mid west and the south are so nasty and big!!! those are digusting!!!! but I have to laugh because I can imagine you walking around outside taking pictures of spiders and bugs ...hahah I wonder what the neighbors think. J/K :)

Mandy said...

I'm SO glad you found me. It's GREAT to hear from you. Keep in touch. Don't you just Love blogging? I'm a blogaholic.

Oh my gosh. I can't believe your spider luck.....and here I thought I was the only one with the bad spider luck. Where are you living??

Amy said...

yuck. I HATE spiders. and Butterflies... well bugs in general. Love ya tons!

Julie said...

I share your feelings about spiders. I catch them in Jars though. Remember the black widow we caught and keep in our front room at college. I caught another one that was on its way into my front room last week, but I gave it to malia to show to her science classes. I have another one in a jar sitting on my counter until I decide what to do with it. I hate killing bugs and hearing the crunch. I hope that creepy feeling goes away soon, but I guess if you have to have it halloween is a good time for it!

Ashley said...

Ewww! Disgusting!