...that is how I learned the capital of Ohio. So is was, when I learned that the Santa Maria (a replica) was "anchored" IN COLUMBUS, I just HAD to see it.
Before we saw the ship however...we were able to go to the Columbus Temple and see our friends Catherine and Mike be sealed for all eternity! Congratulations!
Then, we were off to the much anticipated Santa Maria. We learned many interesting things, but to my dismay, no one knew the real first words of Christopher Columbus when he saw land...
After we drove around Columbus and German Village for awhile, we decided to head back, but not without a detour!!! We adventured "off the beaten path" to the "World's Largest Basket" located in Newark, OH and headquarters for the Longaberger Company...yes, folks, these people actually work in a GIANT PICNIC BASKET everyday. You know, with a company name that sound like something you'd take ON a picnic, what else would you expect?
(and ant's view...)
10 comments:
You guys always find the funnest places! I love the pictures you take; they're fun :)
A basket? That is one of the strangest things I have ever seen! I love how you always find such interesting places to visit- So FUN!!
That is hilarious. I wonder how hard it would be to act professional working there! lol. You guys are always doing something fun! :)
wo wo wo wo wo!!!! hold on why did we not go to these places when i was there. ICE CREAM!!???!???! my favorite that whole trip was based on ice cream! o and the picnic basket. we got the big stamp. hmm... i wonder if there are anymore weird big things. like giant well i don't know but ya.
The architect of that picnic basket should be ashamed of himself!
Jealous of the Oooohhhhhiiiiioooo fun though!
You guys are so fun. I love looking at your pictures and reading your posts.
This is a FANTASTIC post! Haha, I love how the icecream "fits" you and Connel!
That's funny about the capital of Columbus and the goofy OoooHiiiiOhhh! That's still how I remember it too because Emily used to say it when we were learning state capitals in 5th grade!
yum I love ice cream! Looks like you found some fun stuff!
how fun!! looks like you guys are just liv'n it up! i love it!
Post a Comment