


This weekend we had our last Hoo-Rah with Alicia. We drove to New York (adding Penn and NY to our list of states we have visited! :) and we met up with our other sister Emily, her husband Aaron, and their little girl Tessa! It was so fun to be with all of them, but mostly for us to be together as sisters! Here are some pics from the trip.
We first went to the Whitmer Farm, where the Book of Mormon translation was finished, and where the Church was officially organized. This was my my favorite site, because I could really feel the spirit and know that this was really a sacred place. Then we headed to the Palmyra and ate some yummy burgers and ice cream at a place called Chills and Grills (which was DEEElisious!) Then off to the Book of Mormon publication site! Here is an interesting story, we walked into the site and saw the girl from the Community of Christ who had given us our tour of the Kirtland Temple!! What a small world. She was there with a whole group of young adults from the Comm. of Christ church. Then we went to the the properties and homes of the Smith Family and the Sacred Grove. It interesting, I have heard the Restoration Story all my life...that Joseph Smith saw the Father and the Son in the Sacred Grove...and I have believed it, then come to know for sure that it is true. But going to the place that it happened really sealed my testimony...it made the story all the more real... We also went to the Hill Cumorah. However, for some reason, we paid more attention to the little frog that was there, than the monument...oops! We still know that it is a hallowed ground and it was wonderful to have been there...and climb the huge steep hill!
One of the best things about going was being able to see Emily, Aaron and Tessa. We usually get to see then about every months it seems, but that is too long, as Tessa is sprouting like a flower(I would have said "sprouting like a weed" but she is prettier than a weed.) What a cute and sweet little girl. She is always smiling and such a good sport! I hardly ever heard her whine...even when the mist from the waterfall was getting her a little bit wet! We giggled and cooed over her the entire time!
4 comments:
ARen't those sights SO AWESOME! I went when I was younger and I still remember the feeling I had walking in the Sacred Grove. I think that Luke & I are planning a trip sometime in the next few weeks to go the Hill Cumorah pageant..if you and Connel want to come along, just let us know!
What DID happen to your pictures? Where they like that when you scrapped them...or did it happen when you inserted them into blogger?
What a great narrative of our trip! You are right, the best part was being together as sisters (the worst part was the spider)
P.S. Man, my kid is cute isn't she!
you better add me.. as you can see... you are already added to mine! so glad we get to keep in touch now.
How fun! I'm glad you all had a good time, and that you got to kiss under a waterfall :)
Post a Comment