Monday, July 7, 2008

fantastic fourth.

A photo journal of our FANTASTIC Fourth of July Weekend:

We went to a friends for a very FANTASTIC brunch...after stuffing ourselves to the brim with our first "unbutton the pants" meal the guys played Bocce ball and the girls talked about what else...clothes!

That evening, we went to another friends house and silly me...I didn't take ANY pictures...what a slacker huh? But we did have our scrumptious "unbutton the pants" meal #2! (Thanks to the FANTASTIC SAUSAGE griller!)

We then saw the FANTASTIC fireworks with some more friends!









THEN...on SATURDAY, the brunch friends invited us to the Lake and we were able to go on a boat ride on Lake Erie! It was beautiful.




We also went on a "WILD AFRICAN SAFARI"...let me tell you it was WILD...but not so African. It was mostly deer and some elk, however there were a few zebras and 2 giraffes. Oh yeah, and a yak.

The Safari Crew...where are the safari hats?

We got to feed the animals and they stuck their head INSIDE OF THE CARS to get the food. I'm sure that they were considered OBESE, for all the "unbutton your pants" carrot meals they had eaten that day. We went at 5 Pm and they were still chomping down!



I have never been this close to a (live) elk!



The yak...at least I'm pretty sure it's yak.



...and...the most FANTASTIC thing I have ever done... pet a giraffe.


...glad that other giraffe didn't lick me.



"unbutton your pants" meal the 3rd



A FANTASTIC ending to a FANTASTIC day.

12 comments:

Holly said...

That looks like so much fun! :) Boating on Lake Erie, FUN!!

Kimi said...

I'm so jealous you got to pet a giraffe! How cool is that!

And we're glad we could supply you with on of your 'unbutton your pants' meals :)

Melly Mae, Curt-dowg and B-$$ said...

I am so glad you guys had so much fun! We missed you over here though!!!!!!

C.B. said...

Lake Erie!! How fun! So just so you know I am jealous you got to pet a giraffe, they are my most favorite animal ever...don't they have the weirdest tongues?

Hanna in the House... said...

You guys look like you have a bunch of awesome friends. I'm glad that you had a good fourth!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

you sure were busy...fun stuff! I've had a giraffe lick me when I was little. I will never forget how purple their tongues are.

Brooke Monk said...

How fun...I'm glad you guys are enjoying yourselves. Can't wait to see you.

Jessica said...

That sounds and looks so fun! What an exciting weekend!

Calise said...

How FANTASTIC!
How fun to have animals stick their heads into cars!
And boating on Lake Erie sounds like a great time!

Charisa and Trent said...

Laura!!!! We miss you guys!!! Glad to hear you had such a fabulous and fun 4th!

Michele said...

Fun new pics! Okay, I sent Julie a comment so that we can be blogging buddies too. I am sure Malory would start a blog. So yes, we'll just have to convince Anna and Jana. Anna is getting married tomorrow...crazy! I'm the only one from our apt that will be single...so lame!!

weave said...

Laura, what's up? I love your pictures but since you think that animal is a yak I'll correct you and let you know that it's a highland cow (pronounced coo.) They are native to Scotland which I think is pretty cool.
Anyway, I hope things are good. -Kevin