Friday, May 30, 2008

our memorial day.


Just a bit about what we did for Memorial Day. We went to the ward breakfast and it was alot of fun! We ate Bacon and Eggs and Pancakes, cooked by wonderful and enduring chefs. We socialized, we played cornhole, volleyball, relaxed and had face painting. We listened to a patriotic speech about the flag and got to know the veterans in our ward a little better! We had a lot of fun, WE LOVE OUR WARD!

That evening Connel and I went with the Reeds to the Indians game! It was my first Pro League baseball game and I had a blast. First though we stopped by Chic-Fil-A to get some waters cuz I was dying, we decided to get a milkshake too! We got to the window and they said we get our milkshake for free cuz we are wearing Red White and Blue (Cleveland Indians Garb) on Memorial day, so we asked for another one and got 2 FREE MILKSHAKES! Great deal. Then we went to the game we met our friends the Reeds their and all of us were decked out in our Indians gear. Even little Jacob who was adorable in his little Tribe outfit! We ate Hot dogs and CrackerJacks and even got to sing "Take me out the Ballgame"!!! Afterward we watched the Fireworks. And even though the game went into 2 extra innings (I think it was 2, I really don't know), and the Indians still LOST...we had a ton of fun! If you have not been to a real pro league baseball game, it is something I recommend! It was a great time!



5 comments:

Sweet Em said...

That sounds soooo fun! I too love pro baseball games, in person! Yeah for fun wards and free milkshakes!

Philly would have been fun though...

Holly said...

Looks like a ton of fun! :)

Jessica said...

You guys are so fun! That looks awesome!

Terra said...

can't find you email address to send the pictures you wanted. let me know when you want to work out again

Brooke Monk said...

I'm so glad that you two are having so much fun together out there in Ohio. Sounds like you guys are making memories to last a lifetime.