Tuesday, May 27, 2008

almost 4 years.


So we have been married almost 4 years (3 weeks to go) and Connel and I have not had any "professional" photos taken of us since our wedding day, so on this weekend we went to one of the beaches on Lake Erie and took some pics.

After the following:
-setting my camera to wait 20 seconds
-running to the spot where I was supposed to be in the picture
-waiting and smiling and posing for the camera to take 10 pics in a row
- running back to where the camera was sitting to check out the picture
-then, if it didn't work out exactly as I planned, doing it all over again....
-oh yeah, and hoping that in the mean time my almost dead batteries would not die
-making Connel sit in the water in the same place for 20 minutes or so
-reminding him that he agreed to do this (he was embarrassed a little about the onlookers)
-and making him get his new pants and shoes all dirty...

I think I got some pretty good ones.

Here they are (well, after a few Photoshop and iPhoto touch ups :) I don't think I did to bad...





After the ordeal, we did get to enjoy the beach and the rest of the sunset.

14 comments:

Luke and Katie said...

LOOKS FABULOUS!! Great job and congrats on 4 years (in 3 weeks! ;)

Kimi said...

The pictures are fantastic! Way to be! You guys are so cute together :)

Holly said...

Those look great Laura! I'm impressed! Congrats on your upcoming anny too! :)

Hanna in the House... said...

Aren't husbands the best? I saw your mom and little brother at the graduation last night. I didn't say hi, because I'm sure they wouldn't even know who I was. I couldn't believe how big your brother was. Isn't he the youngest?
These picture's are so beautiful, i hope that you framed them all over your house!

Hanna in the House... said...

Aren't husbands the best? I saw your mom and little brother at the graduation last night. I didn't say hi, because I'm sure they wouldn't even know who I was. I couldn't believe how big your brother was. Isn't he the youngest?
These picture's are so beautiful, i hope that you framed them all over your house!

C.B. said...

Love the new pics! You did an awesome job!

Amy said...

wow! They look great!

Sweet Em said...

WOWZA! Great photos - nice backlighting and composition. And what a good sport Connel is! Seriously.

Calise said...

Wow- great pictures!! Your hubby is a trooper! I love sunset pictures- FANTASTIC!!!

Megan and Alyvia said...

Awww, your pictures are soooo cute!! Nice work!!

Charisa and Trent said...

Love the pictures! Nice work. :o) How's life these days?! Every time I pull up your blog I'm reminded of how much I totally miss you guys.

I'm Amy. Or Melynne. Whatever. said...

My oh my those are awesome! I went to Aspen today and was sad you weren't there to visit! Ihope Ohio was worth it! ;)

Tanya said...

those pictures are really good, I was thinking you had someone else do them, but you did an awesome job!! I'm gonna hire you to do some for us k ;) but after the baby and after I loose all my fat :) call me sometime

Wii are the Nelsons said...

That's pretty impressive work! I wish you could take our pictures. I should try that too since I would like to have more nice pics of Mike and I, but he doesn't really like taking pictures...plus he doesn't like shaving that often.